Topic actions

Reply 41 of 44, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
derSammler wrote:
gdjacobs wrote:

Max TDP for the CPU is 76.8W, all from the 5V rail. GPU TDP is 50W, as I mentioned.

I hope you are aware that TDP is not the same as power consumption. TDP is only the amount of power drawn that is turned into heat. Power consumption is higher than TDP, and most manufacturers only tell the TDP for a good reason (to hide how power-hungry the parts really are).

I am aware. The overall change in electrical, magnetic, gravitational potential for the CPU as a whole is negligible. The CPU outputs no mechanical work. Energy input for the CPU will be emitted primarily through heat with a very small amount (small current) of energy emitted in signalling from the CPU on the I/O paths.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 43 of 44, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's certainly more than enough, but you're not going to be running it 24/7 so I don't think you need to worry too much about overkill. Seventeam should be okay as an OEM.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 44 of 44, by Robhalfordfan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gdjacobs wrote:

It's certainly more than enough, but you're not going to be running it 24/7 so I don't think you need to worry too much about overkill. Seventeam should be okay as an OEM.

ok cause i am having trouble finding a decent psu that at lease 25a on the 5v rail, most i am finding has 20a or 22a on the 5v rail and 30+ on 12v