VOGONS

First post, by Bancho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I picked up this sealed NOS Diamond Edge 3d card a while ago and decided to open it and share some images with you guys. One interesting thing was the box states on the front Descent: Destination Saturn is included but the Disc is not in the box. I'm not sure if it is on the Drivers CD. Something i need to check out. Anyways Pictures, Enjoy 😀

tv2XpSUl.jpg
R5vB7HBl.jpg
jOK2dhfl.jpg
UqBAvtCl.jpg
Ufquyztl.jpg
NWQpEH2l.jpg
46Zo14hl.jpg
Gj2bbonl.jpg
tgwf5x5l.jpg
Oqdx9Hel.jpg
Y28YjlQl.jpg
LVdR3eVl.jpg
UX1O8yol.jpg
UHuLzHWl.jpg

Reply 4 of 8, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Unboxing NOS Diamond Edge 3D card

The "horrors" of unboxing the collector items.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 5 of 8, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Cool stuff! Yeah, and big props for unboxing it & (hopefully) using it. Sealed hardware is sad hardware IMHO. Put it back in the box to become a shelf ornament only if it ever dies.

This was such a bizarre product, with the Saturn controller daughterboard & integrated sound card. Shows how much the early 3D era was "throw it at the wall and see what sticks."

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 6 of 8, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That is sweet. I've got to do some unboxing of old hardware at some point myself.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 7 of 8, by Aragorn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

pretty sure i had one of these back in the day. Its very fuzzy and vague, but i feel like it would have been a K6-233 based system with one of these cards in. I'd have been about 10 or 11 at the time. I do remember it was somewhat awkward (especially for 11 year old me) and i couldnt get much to work properly on it.
I distinctly remember the saturn gamepad ports, and i'm sure even those wouldnt work properly outwith the included games.