VOGONS

First post, by Nemo1985

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello everybody.
I have those 2 cpu, I was wondering what is the difference between the first and the second.
The ADZ has manufacturing date 962xxx (can't read because it's scratched) while the W16BGC has manufacturing date 9811GPB.
Another difference is that on the first one it mentions 3.45volt while the second has no information about the voltage.
Unlucky I can't try them (still looking for a 486 pci mb), which one should I keep?
Thanks

Last edited by Nemo1985 on 2019-07-21, 20:30. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 14, by Nemo1985

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
derSammler wrote:

Both are the same. The BGC is a later model, but it's still the same CPU and rated for 105°C, just like the ADZ.

Thanks, in your opinion since it is a later revision are there any chance it will be more overclockable?

Reply 4 of 14, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

it is a later revision are there any chance it will be more overclockable

In that particular case - no.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 5 of 14, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Every single CPU is different. You can't tell how much overclockable it is until you tried. My own tries however had shown that the ADW overclocks better than the ADZ/BGC. But that is only true for the X5 CPUs in my collection.

Reply 7 of 14, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

About OC... you can never tell. I've tested around 30 5x86-133 cpus and best were ADZ. BGC and ADW were in the same boat.

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 8 of 14, by Nemo1985

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kixs wrote:

About OC... you can never tell. I've tested around 30 5x86-133 cpus and best were ADZ. BGC and ADW were in the same boat.

You are right, every cpu is different... despite of this there are batches that are usually better, unlucky I can't test them since I lack the mb, for now.

Reply 9 of 14, by alvaro84

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
kixs wrote:

After similar amount of 5x86s I have exactly one piece that runs ar 180 MHz - and it's an ADW. You can really never tell.

Shame on us, doomed from the start
May God have mercy on our dirty little hearts

Reply 11 of 14, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

BGC/ADZ are capable to work stable with just passive cooling (heatsink only). You can even overclock it to 160mhz.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.