VOGONS

Reply 80 of 80, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

As I recall it, there were different kit options for the TL866 II Plus when you bought it bundled. I bought the complete kit. This was years ago; I'm not sure what is offered now.

However, for the user who needs help, I suggest reading the whole thread. As I recall, you cannot get a complete BIOS writable in the programmer. This is because of how the BIOS is split up in parts. You need to download the Recovery Mode BIOS presented by SSTV2. You program this with the external programmer, solder on the EEPROM to the motherboard. This will allow you to boot the motherboard into Recovery Mode. You will need to have the complete BIOS on a bootable diskette for which Recovery Mode can read. The screen will stay blank (I think). When it is finished, reboot, and your system will work. You then want to update to the latest BIOS.

The only means to get a complete BIOS onto your programmer would be for someone to desolder their working EEPROM, place it in the programmer, and make a copy. I don't even know if this will work properly as I haven't tested it. The method that I know works is the one presented in this thread.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.