VOGONS

First post, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I just managed to get 0.07 in Cinebench 11.5, on this VIA Eden 1GHz thin client with 1GB PC2-5300. Unfortunately it doesn't record how long it took, but I left it running overnight; probably around 1.5-2 hours judging by the rate it was going when I went to bed.

DSCN1835.JPG
Filename
DSCN1835.JPG
File size
258.77 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Naturally I was wondering if you guys could do any better. And by better, I mean worse.

R11.5 is the last release that supports XP & Windows 2000 SP4 (no KernelEX needed - it throws an error on startup but just click OK & it launches and runs fine.) I don't think it runs on 98 but maybe you could bodge it to work. It doesn't look like Maxon archive old versions on their site, but you can download 11.5 here.

The OGL test won't run on a system without PS2.0 (I think?), but the CPU test should on anything that can launch the program. Have at it. 😜

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 2 of 2, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

^^ maybe... this CPU has SSE2 (& the SSE implementation is WAY faster than the dog-slow FPU, which is probably why it was tolerable to run Cinebench AT ALL.) Might put a lower bound on this little experiment.

Aside: there was an old SSE/SSE2 exception handler kicking around that was supposed to grow into a full SSEx emulator, but I don't think it was never finished. I can't imagine Cinebench would run on this if it's actually using SSE2 instructions, but maybe it's worth a try. Or the source is there if someone wants to get really ambitious.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!