VOGONS

First post, by PC-Engineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,

i have a HOT 307H which i run several hours until screen keeps black. Following History in my hands:

1. dismounted NiCd Akku and replaced it with a LIR2032 LiIon Akku. while dismounting the NiCd i pulled out the via for minus.
2. solved a corroded wire for keyboard (behind L2), all other wires are not effected from corrosion
3. intsalled DOS and did some test, system was stable!
4. BIOS lost its parameters after powering off - so i connected the minus pin of 2032 holder direct to the next ground (on keyboard connector)
5. configured BIOS and after restart the screen freezed while post with corrupted text fonts. After reset it could not find a graphics card anymore (8 short beeps)
6. i thought i was the bios, so i dismounted the chip and replaced it by an empty socket. searched for a BIOS for replacement but did not found until now
7. several months later i repaired the BIOS Chip (cutted pins) and mounted it in its socket
8. it posts, and i jump into bios. while configuration of date, sceen became black and keeps until now.
9. dismounted cache, fpu and 2032 holder, but nothing changes
10. regardles the graphics issue, all seems to be normal: keyboard leds blink once after powering on; cache, chipset and cpu becomes warm.

Maybe has anyone an indea. I like this 386 board, it was my first computer upgrade from 286er.

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards
Lutz

Epox 7KXA Slot A / Athlon 950MHz / Voodoo 5 5500 / PowerVR / 512 MB / AWE32 / SCSI - Windows 98SE