VOGONS

Reply 300 of 304, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Oh no. Is there any instruction you can send to the CPU that only an IBM 486BL3 will return a unique response?

Ultimate 486 Benchmark | Ultimate 686 Benchmark | Cyrix 5x86 Enhancements | 486 Overkill Graphics | Worlds Fastest 486

Reply 302 of 304, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's a shame IBM did implement MSRs (which are standard P5 instructions), but didn't care to spend a few more transistors on CPUID as well.
In DOS it's no problem to re-route the interrupts and catch the fault (i.e. GPF, or as The Uncodumented PC says a Double-Found that can occur as well), but I don't have an idea how one could do this in 9x Kernel/VxD.
I just looked at NuMega VtoolsD and one file caught my attention - vfault.h. What do you think Franck?

The class library provides classes that facilitate hooking faults.

Reply 303 of 304, by repaxan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There's a CPU-Z bug with listing the DIMM's supported frequency, this (slightly aggressive) video can explain it better than I can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHLiZJZuDao

Attachments

• Filename
    dimmfreq.rar
    File size
    8.97 KiB
    Downloads
    2 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 304 of 304, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
repaxan wrote on Yesterday, 04:13:

There's a CPU-Z bug with listing the DIMM's supported frequency, this (slightly aggressive) video can explain it better than I can:

I feel the video is misleading and suggest looking at what I posted about SPD speed reporting.