VOGONS

First post, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have too many choices of ivy bridge, sandy bridge and a fully restored C2D machines for XP so I'm not sure what to do to use for what: 915 this board late 98se but GPU choices is limited, thinking about 2GB total, having XP on this is rebundent. It was from a 5 dollar computer case that I needed case for other project especially Pentium computer project for DOS.

Cheers, Pentiumspeed

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 2 of 5, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I am aware about MacOS but what one is best version to use on 2GB ram and P4 3.0-3.6GHz range and play with and I also thought need hardware apple computer for the serial key to unlock MacOS? I have choice of video cards of both nvidia and radeon as well.

This 915 chipset I am not sure of but it does have iGPU due to VGA port, but does have x16 PCIe slot for GPU card, along with four PCI slots and two x1 slots, parallel & serial ports, two separate PS/2 ports for mouse and keyboard, intel chipset for ethernet. four SATA ports, and one IDE connector, one floppy connector.
And is beautiful green intel made motherboard. D915GAV/D915PGN retail intel desktop motherboard as it was from a generic computer (MDG which was a Canadian brand).

Cheers, Pentiumspeed

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 3 of 5, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I didn't have really any issues with my GA-VM900M with 98SE which is a socket 775 motherboard with PCIe. What kind of problems pcie is causing with 98 ?

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 5 of 5, by orcish75

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Can also convert it into a decent media server, older 8 port hardware RAID cards are cheap as chips on EBAY now, or a Zeroshell/IPCop/PFSense etc router.