VOGONS

Reply 720 of 725, by Grosvince

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi red-ray

Here's the result of your utility on my Rise iDragon CPU, under Win98SE.

The CPU has the Chris Norrie Easter Egg !

Vincent

Attachments

Reply 721 of 725, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Grosvince wrote on 2021-01-25, 22:31:

The CPU has the Chris Norrie Easter Egg !

Hi Vincent, Thank you for checking out SIV and I thought the Easter Egg would be there. In general SIV did OK, SIV V5.56 Beta-01 should report more for your ATI Rage 3D Pro PCI GPU, but to fully report it NT4/W2K/WXP would be needed.

I was surprised SIV did not report the disk SMART information, do any utilities manage to do this please?

Last edited by red-ray on 2021-01-27, 19:21. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 722 of 725, by Grosvince

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
red-ray wrote on 2021-01-25, 23:04:

I was surprised SIV did not report the disk SMART information, do any utilities manage to do this please?

Don't know about SMART function on this setup. This is a fresh Win98SE setup with an old Fujitsu disk. This "computer" is just some parts connected together laying on my workbench... Not even a sound card. I figure to test every Socket 7 possible CPU, just because know I can...

I can test the SIV with a Win2000 setup, if I found all drivers for this install.

Vincent

Reply 723 of 725, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Grosvince wrote on 2021-01-26, 09:07:

Don't know about SMART function on this setup. This is a fresh Win98SE setup with an old Fujitsu disk. This "computer" is just some parts connected together laying on my workbench... Not even a sound card. I figure to test every Socket 7 possible CPU, just because know I can...

I can test the SIV with a Win2000 setup, if I found all drivers for this install.

I have W2K on a Socket 7 board with the same chipset as yours and the only drivers I needed were for GPUs.

I wonder what is happening with SMART, I suspect doing SIV32L -DBGSDM > SIV_DBGOUT.log from a command window may provide some insight.

Reply 724 of 725, by Grosvince

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
red-ray wrote on 2021-01-26, 10:43:
Grosvince wrote on 2021-01-26, 09:07:

I have W2K on a Socket 7 board with the same chipset as yours and the only drivers I needed were for GPUs.

I wonder what is happening with SMART, I suspect doing SIV32L -DBGSDM > SIV_DBGOUT.log from a command window may provide some insight.

SMART was turned off in Setup !

Reply 725 of 725, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Grosvince wrote on 2021-01-31, 15:46:

SMART was turned off in Setup !

Thank you for the update, so I guess SMART is now being reported, is it? What's strange though is that SIV should have enabled it anyway, I would need to see the SIV32L -DBGSDM > SIV_DBGOUT.log output to tell more.