VOGONS

First post, by Shaina

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ebay has a lot of vintage hardware, computers and such, however, it doesn't always have everything that I'm looking for. Does anyone here know of any other places online where one can find and buy vintage hardware, such as motherboard backboard risers, cache RAM and the like?

Another question I have is if cache RAM sticks are somewhat universal or if you Have to have the one for That specific model PC? Because if so... that makes it Extremely difficult to find compatible parts!

Just your local tech girl!

Reply 2 of 4, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Post the specific make and model system. Some one will know dought be able to help.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 3 of 4, by Shaina

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
aaronkatrini wrote:

amibay, you can start a thread of a specific component you´re looking and maybe someone has one for sale and answers you.

Oh thanks! Looks like a really useful site, will definitely be using it. 😄

Caluser2000 wrote:

Post the specific make and model system. Some one will know dought be able to help.

Thanks, don't have any specific systems at this exact moment, was asking more in general, but when I do I'll definitely be asking.

Just your local tech girl!

Reply 4 of 4, by hwh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Shaina wrote:

Another question I have is if cache RAM sticks are somewhat universal or if you Have to have the one for That specific model PC? Because if so... that makes it Extremely difficult to find compatible parts!

I guess "somewhat universal" is a good way to put it. IIRC there's Apples with cache on modules, IIRC those aren't COASTs, AFAIK a COAST is a COAST and interchangable, but for all I know some chipsets are picky. You might just be forced to experiment with your wallet a little if you want cache that much.

Hardware, the more commercial you go, the more expensive it gets. Condition is such a thing with vintage stuff.