VOGONS

First post, by kaiser77_1982

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello

I have just bought a TNT2 from N9. It is a TNT2 in AGP with 16 MB SDRAM and his name like several webs is a Pepper M32 but... it is rare.

N9 never made cards from Rendition or NVIDIA but the card is real. For other hand, it doesn't have message of "the beatles".

Does someone know more about this?

Thanks

Attachments

Reply 1 of 3, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think IBM contracted Number Nine to produce graphics card with the Nvidia Riva TNT2 chipset directly for them.
This thesis is supported by an IBM FRU that can be found on the back of most of those cards.
Number Nine really wasn't doing so well in the late 90s. I guess they had heaps of free manufacturing capacities and were happy to use those to produce graphics cards for IBM even if they didn't use their own chips.

Reply 3 of 3, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Warlord wrote:

How rare is it whats it worth? It is a DVI on a old card like that so I think that part is desirable. I don't remeber alot of TNT2s having DVI.

The card can be bought on ebay for anywhere between 10$ to 80$. It is not actually rare and it doesn't seem like there's much interest in the card.

DVI is uncommon back then and the card is a bit of a curiosity being made by Number Nine. But then again it's only a TNT2 and it's not a retail card. It's nice to have if you're a collector but it's nothing significant, there's no hype for those cards and apart from hardcore collectors you wouldn't miss it if you didn"t have it.