VOGONS

HWiNFO support of vintage hardware

Topic actions

Reply 200 of 207, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mumak wrote on 2020-03-03, 13:14:
Meanwhile I have 2 new builds, would be great if you could test both and provide results as I'm not sure which method will work […]
Show full quote
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-02, 20:14:
Yes: Seems to be nearly as good as 4095 :D hwinfo-5098-main.jpg There are special characters in the DIMM names, that's new. […]
Show full quote
Mumak wrote on 2020-03-02, 15:18:

Ready for yet another test? 😉 This will be a special one - attempting to access the 7500 Scalable Memory Buffers for the first time.
Since I haven't tried this before, I don't know if it will work. But if it does, we should be able to read additional memory parameters including the Memory Buffer temperatures.
Here the test build: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_623_4098.zip

Yes:
Seems to be nearly as good as 4095 😁
hwinfo-5098-main.jpg
There are special characters in the DIMM names, that's new.

But joke aside, what should be shown additionally?

Meanwhile I have 2 new builds, would be great if you could test both and provide results as I'm not sure which method will work better. Here they are:
- www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_623_4099.zip
- www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_623_4100.zip
Sorry for so many requests, but it's difficult to develop/test such system remotely. We (I and Ray) were already considering buying such machine, but none of us is yet keen on spending several hundreds of EUR just for a couple of days of testing...

Just one more question (also to Ray 😀 )
Do you plan to show if "hemisphere mode" is enabled, too?
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDispl … mr_na-c02283239

Reply 201 of 207, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-04, 21:13:
Just one more question (also to Ray :) ) Do you plan to show if "hemisphere mode" is enabled, too? https://support.hpe.com/hpesc […]
Show full quote
Meanwhile I have 2 new builds, would be great if you could test both and provide results as I'm not sure which method will work […]
Show full quote
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-02, 20:14:
Yes: Seems to be nearly as good as 4095 :D hwinfo-5098-main.jpg There are special characters in the DIMM names, that's new. […]
Show full quote

Yes:
Seems to be nearly as good as 4095 😁
hwinfo-5098-main.jpg
There are special characters in the DIMM names, that's new.

But joke aside, what should be shown additionally?

Meanwhile I have 2 new builds, would be great if you could test both and provide results as I'm not sure which method will work better. Here they are:
Sorry for so many requests, but it's difficult to develop/test such system remotely. We (I and Ray) were already considering buying such machine, but none of us is yet keen on spending several hundreds of EUR just for a couple of days of testing...

Sorry, I don't think so. I have also given up on trying to access the memory buffers for the time being as the system doesn't behave according to technical specifications. Moreover some documents contain contradicting or erratic information. To get further, I'd need to do many tests, which would be quite difficult without direct access to such machine.
Nevertheless, thank you very much for your time and all the reports and tests you have done so far. If you have any other systems, we'd be happy to receive reports and check if there's anything we can do better.

Reply 202 of 207, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mumak wrote on 2020-03-04, 21:37:
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-04, 21:13:
Just one more question (also to Ray :) ) Do you plan to show if "hemisphere mode" is enabled, too? https://support.hpe.com/hpesc […]
Show full quote
Show full quote

Sorry, I don't think so. I have also given up on trying to access the memory buffers for the time being as the system doesn't behave according to technical specifications. Moreover some documents contain contradicting or erratic information. To get further, I'd need to do many tests, which would be quite difficult without direct access to such machine.
Nevertheless, thank you very much for your time and all the reports and tests you have done so far. If you have any other systems, we'd be happy to receive reports and check if there's anything we can do better.

No problem.
I have only two more types of multi-socket machines:
HP DL585 G6 (quad Opteron 8439SE, mainboard with Nvidia chipset). Maybe you can retrieve DIMM info there, we will see. With HP P410 raid controllers, where we already know that it won't be detected 😀.
A Dell workstation (dual Pentium III, wide scsi disks on oboard SCSI controller, 100MHz bus), that one should be pretty standard.
And some normal PCs (socket 939, socket AM3, socket AM3+, socket 775), not very exciting.
So I will post at least something for a HP DL585 G6 (I have 2 of it).

Reply 203 of 207, by vorob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, new laptop, new issue! Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Xi 1546 with ATI Mobility X1800, latest HWINFO reports 97C while it never changes. Also no other program report GPU temperature. Is there any way to get proper value?

Attachments

• Filename
    HWiNFO32.rar
    File size
    24.02 KiB
    Downloads
    4 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 204 of 207, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vorob wrote on 2020-03-21, 14:10:

Hi, new laptop, new issue! Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Xi 1546 with ATI Mobility X1800, latest HWINFO reports 97C while it never changes. Also no other program report GPU temperature. Is there any way to get proper value?

Sorry, but the attached Debug File doesn't contain sensor data (you probably didn't open the sensors window). Which sensor reports 97 C, can you attach a screenshot?

Reply 206 of 207, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vorob wrote on 2020-03-21, 16:32:

Let's try again)

I'm afraid there's not much I can do. This value is reported by the BIOS, which is responsible for the accuracy. If it doesn't change at all, then it's most likely invalid.

Reply 207 of 207, by vorob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mumak wrote on 2020-03-22, 00:10:
vorob wrote on 2020-03-21, 16:32:

Let's try again)

I'm afraid there's not much I can do. This value is reported by the BIOS, which is responsible for the accuracy. If it doesn't change at all, then it's most likely invalid.

Ye, googled and looks like this laptop doesn’t have sensor on gpu. What a fail 😀

I’ll check for other stuff and be back with report.