HWiNFO support of vintage hardware

Topic actions

Reply 400 of 405, by mastergamma12

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mumak wrote on 2020-07-24, 07:45:
mastergamma12 wrote on 2020-07-24, 07:38:
I just noticed that for some reason, the newest version as well as the beta of HWINFO thinks that the 9700k in my htpc for some […]
Show full quote

I just noticed that for some reason, the newest version as well as the beta of HWINFO thinks that the 9700k in my htpc for some reason is an engineering sample when I got it from Microcenter and is an R0 based 9700k.

file.php?mode=view&id=88584

It shows "Prod. unit", but QDF number instead of SSPEC. So your CPU is OK. Shall be fixed in the next build.

Thanks 😀

kmmVJSO.png

Reply 402 of 405, by hwh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Results from new beta:

Had to zip the HTM because this stupid forum won't let me attach it. DBG(log).

1. Monitor is simply the saved information from some INF but the installed monitor is not this. It's a Sylvania L17.

2. This is all that shows up in sensors. I guess there aren't many sensors. Think you would have SMART or something.

3. Here is the summary now.

On the memory sheet, memory has this "detected size" but unknown "total size" for some reason...

Attachments

Reply 403 of 405, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
hwh wrote on 2020-08-06, 02:48:
Results from new beta: […]
Show full quote

Results from new beta:

Had to zip the HTM because this stupid forum won't let me attach it. DBG(log).

1. Monitor is simply the saved information from some INF but the installed monitor is not this. It's a Sylvania L17.

2. This is all that shows up in sensors. I guess there aren't many sensors. Think you would have SMART or something.

3. Here is the summary now.

On the memory sheet, memory has this "detected size" but unknown "total size" for some reason...

Thanks! The Trident card seems to be properly recognized now. Information like SMART will require copying a VXD within the WINDOWS folder. I don't recall now the exact path, but I think it has been detailed in the SIV thread.
As for the monitor, I will need registry dump of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ENUM\MONITOR node.

Reply 404 of 405, by hwh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mumak wrote on 2020-08-06, 07:49:

Thanks! The Trident card seems to be properly recognized now. Information like SMART will require copying a VXD within the WINDOWS folder. I don't recall now the exact path, but I think it has been detailed in the SIV thread.
As for the monitor, I will need registry dump of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ENUM\MONITOR node.

Thank you too. I'm not following the SIV thread, so I'll just leave it there.

Here's the MONITOR node. As you can see, there's a default, the Sony one, and then the Sylvania. However only the Sony appears as a monitor in HWiNFO, and I promise you it isn't the installed monitor. Maybe nothing you can do but FWIW.

Attachments

Reply 405 of 405, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
hwh wrote on 2020-08-06, 08:33:
Mumak wrote on 2020-08-06, 07:49:

Thank you too. I'm not following the SIV thread, so I'll just leave it there.

Here's the MONITOR node. As you can see, there's a default, the Sony one, and then the Sylvania. However only the Sony appears as a monitor in HWiNFO, and I promise you it isn't the installed monitor. Maybe nothing you can do but FWIW.

Thanks, I'll try to fix this in the next build.