HWiNFO support of vintage hardware

Topic actions

Reply 400 of 677, by mastergamma12

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mumak wrote on 2020-07-24, 07:45:
mastergamma12 wrote on 2020-07-24, 07:38:
I just noticed that for some reason, the newest version as well as the beta of HWINFO thinks that the 9700k in my htpc for some […]
Show full quote

I just noticed that for some reason, the newest version as well as the beta of HWINFO thinks that the 9700k in my htpc for some reason is an engineering sample when I got it from Microcenter and is an R0 based 9700k.

file.php?mode=view&id=88584

It shows "Prod. unit", but QDF number instead of SSPEC. So your CPU is OK. Shall be fixed in the next build.

Thanks 😀

NNH9pIh.png

The Tuala-Bus (My 9x/Dos Rig) (Pentium III-S 1.4ghz, AWE64G+Audigy 2 ZS, Voodoo5 5500, Chieftec Dragon Rambus)

The Final Lan Party (My Windows Xp/7 rig) (Core i7 980x, GTX 480,DFI Lanparty UT X58-T3eH8,)
Re: Post your 'current' PC

Reply 402 of 677, by hwh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Results from new beta:

Had to zip the HTM because this stupid forum won't let me attach it. DBG(log).

1. Monitor is simply the saved information from some INF but the installed monitor is not this. It's a Sylvania L17.

2. This is all that shows up in sensors. I guess there aren't many sensors. Think you would have SMART or something.

3. Here is the summary now.

On the memory sheet, memory has this "detected size" but unknown "total size" for some reason...

Attachments

Reply 403 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
hwh wrote on 2020-08-06, 02:48:
Results from new beta: […]
Show full quote

Results from new beta:

Had to zip the HTM because this stupid forum won't let me attach it. DBG(log).

1. Monitor is simply the saved information from some INF but the installed monitor is not this. It's a Sylvania L17.

2. This is all that shows up in sensors. I guess there aren't many sensors. Think you would have SMART or something.

3. Here is the summary now.

On the memory sheet, memory has this "detected size" but unknown "total size" for some reason...

Thanks! The Trident card seems to be properly recognized now. Information like SMART will require copying a VXD within the WINDOWS folder. I don't recall now the exact path, but I think it has been detailed in the SIV thread.
As for the monitor, I will need registry dump of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ENUM\MONITOR node.

Reply 404 of 677, by hwh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mumak wrote on 2020-08-06, 07:49:

Thanks! The Trident card seems to be properly recognized now. Information like SMART will require copying a VXD within the WINDOWS folder. I don't recall now the exact path, but I think it has been detailed in the SIV thread.
As for the monitor, I will need registry dump of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ENUM\MONITOR node.

Thank you too. I'm not following the SIV thread, so I'll just leave it there.

Here's the MONITOR node. As you can see, there's a default, the Sony one, and then the Sylvania. However only the Sony appears as a monitor in HWiNFO, and I promise you it isn't the installed monitor. Maybe nothing you can do but FWIW.

Attachments

Reply 405 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
hwh wrote on 2020-08-06, 08:33:
Mumak wrote on 2020-08-06, 07:49:

Thank you too. I'm not following the SIV thread, so I'll just leave it there.

Here's the MONITOR node. As you can see, there's a default, the Sony one, and then the Sylvania. However only the Sony appears as a monitor in HWiNFO, and I promise you it isn't the installed monitor. Maybe nothing you can do but FWIW.

Thanks, I'll try to fix this in the next build.

Reply 406 of 677, by Carlos S. M.

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not really vintage, but i found an interesting misreport which happens when you try to run hwinfo on a rare EM64T enabled Socket 478 Prescott (SL7QB 3.2 GHz and SL7Q8 3.4 GHz) which reports the wrong S-Spec

sl7qb hwinfo (2).PNG
Filename
sl7qb hwinfo (2).PNG
File size
61.96 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

What is your biggest Pentium 4 Collection?
Socket 423/478 Motherboards with Universal AGP Slot
Socket 478 Motherboards with PCI-E Slots
LGA 775 Motherboards with AGP Slots
Experiences and thoughts with Socket 423 systems

Reply 407 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Carlos S. M. wrote on 2020-08-12, 20:06:

Not really vintage, but i found an interesting misreport which happens when you try to run hwinfo on a rare EM64T enabled Socket 478 Prescott (SL7QB 3.2 GHz and SL7Q8 3.4 GHz) which reports the wrong S-Spec

sl7qb hwinfo (2).PNG

Thanks, those SSPECs seem really rare, I can't find them in the extended/NDA Intel database nor documents.
I will update this in the next build.

Reply 408 of 677, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

They were originally only supplied to one OEM, but I can't remember which one

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 409 of 677, by Carlos S. M.

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
debs3759 wrote on 2020-08-12, 20:51:

They were originally only supplied to one OEM, but I can't remember which one

IBM, for certain server machines

For anyone reading this thread, more info on this page: http://www.cpushack.com/2019/10/01/the-story- … m-4-64-bit-cpu/

What is your biggest Pentium 4 Collection?
Socket 423/478 Motherboards with Universal AGP Slot
Socket 478 Motherboards with PCI-E Slots
LGA 775 Motherboards with AGP Slots
Experiences and thoughts with Socket 423 systems

Reply 410 of 677, by TechieDude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Carlos S. M. wrote on 2020-08-12, 20:06:

sl7qb hwinfo (2).PNG

A mPGA478 Pentium 4 with EM64T 😳
I didn't even know these existed!

Reply 411 of 677, by Camtheman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

IBM PS/2 Server 95/A HWInfo for DOS readout that @Mumak requested in the SIL thread

Wj3I3c1.jpg

2wUxXpQ.jpg

4y7NzAX.jpg

8Sam2Pr.jpg

Few things to note:

Succesfully detected my AdLib clone and dual 2.88 mb floppy drives
VGA screen was bugged as you see in the picture, no amount of auto adjust would fix it. All other screens appear normally. Graphics card is an IBM XGA/2 1MB (standard for this machine IIRC)

After I ran it I restarted back into Windows 95 mode from real mode DOS and it appears my BIOS settings were corrupted. This doesn't happen ever and occured after I used HWInfo for DOS. Reconfiguring with reference disk of course fixed it. The particular error was "Complex configuration error or not valid"

Early 90s: IBM PS/2 Server 95/A, Pentium 66, 16MB RAM, XGA-2, IBM SCSI Corvette, SCSI2SD, 3 Com EtherLink III MCA, Resound 2 AdLib MCA
Late 90s: Micron Millenia MXE, ABIT VH6-II, Coppermine 1ghz, 1024MB, Voodoo 5 5500 PCI, GUS Max 2.1, 128GB SATA PNY SSD

Reply 412 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Camtheman wrote on 2020-09-13, 03:51:
IBM PS/2 Server 95/A HWInfo for DOS readout that @Mumak requested in the SIL thread […]
Show full quote

IBM PS/2 Server 95/A HWInfo for DOS readout that @Mumak requested in the SIL thread

Wj3I3c1.jpg

2wUxXpQ.jpg

4y7NzAX.jpg

8Sam2Pr.jpg

Few things to note:

Succesfully detected my AdLib clone and dual 2.88 mb floppy drives
VGA screen was bugged as you see in the picture, no amount of auto adjust would fix it. All other screens appear normally. Graphics card is an IBM XGA/2 1MB (standard for this machine IIRC)

After I ran it I restarted back into Windows 95 mode from real mode DOS and it appears my BIOS settings were corrupted. This doesn't happen ever and occured after I used HWInfo for DOS. Reconfiguring with reference disk of course fixed it. The particular error was "Complex configuration error or not valid"

Thanks! I'm not sure what exactly is causing the corruption, it might be among a 1000 things in some detection. One would need to open only one particular screen in HWiNFO and check which of them causes the corruption to narrow down the search a bit.
Could you please run HWiNFO with -d -r switches to capture all screens + debug data again? I'm especially curious about the MCA screen details. Also if you could provide the Video BIOS image of the adapter, I would check how to detect/workaround it.

Reply 413 of 677, by psy_

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi posting the HWiNFO32 log from my cyrix machine it's Cyrix 6x86MX-PR266 and is reported wrong as a PR233 :

cpu : IBM 6x86MX PR266
m/b : J-591A has AGP(x1) and pci/isa slots,
Soundcard : Sound Blaster Vibra 16 CT4180
gfx cards : diamond stealth 3d 3000 2mb virge/vx pci
net card : 3Com 3C905B Fast EtherLink XL 10/100
hdd : 2x 4gb cf card
ram : 32mb
floppy 3.5 + 5.1/4

Attachments

• Filename
    log.zip
    File size
    16.98 KiB
    Downloads
    73 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 414 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
psy_ wrote on 2020-09-15, 17:28:
Hi posting the HWiNFO32 log from my cyrix machine it's Cyrix 6x86MX-PR266 and is reported wrong as a PR233 : […]
Show full quote

Hi posting the HWiNFO32 log from my cyrix machine it's Cyrix 6x86MX-PR266 and is reported wrong as a PR233 :

cpu : IBM 6x86MX PR266
m/b : J-591A has AGP(x1) and pci/isa slots,
Soundcard : Sound Blaster Vibra 16 CT4180
gfx cards : diamond stealth 3d 3000 2mb virge/vx pci
net card : 3Com 3C905B Fast EtherLink XL 10/100
hdd : 2x 4gb cf card
ram : 32mb
floppy 3.5 + 5.1/4

Thanks, shall be fixed in the next build.

Reply 415 of 677, by vutt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I decided to upgrade from 6.13 to recent stable 6.32.

Problem - Asus sensor chip doesn't show any data. Even worse, after running it once it will kill device for any other software like Speedfan. Only restart will help.
Screenshots:

v6_32.jpg
Filename
v6_32.jpg
File size
63.87 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
v6_13.jpg
Filename
v6_13.jpg
File size
83.09 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Attachments

• Filename
    v6_32.txt
    File size
    146.73 KiB
    Downloads
    60 downloads
    File license
    Public domain
  • Filename
    v6_13.txt
    File size
    45.43 KiB
    Downloads
    58 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 416 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vutt wrote on 2020-10-12, 18:44:
I decided to upgrade from 6.13 to recent stable 6.32. […]
Show full quote

Problem - Asus sensor chip doesn't show any data. Even worse, after running it once it will kill device for any other software like Speedfan. Only restart will help.
Screenshots:
v6_32.jpgv6_13.jpg

Thanks, I think I found the problem. Shall be fixed in the next (Beta) build !

Reply 417 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vutt wrote on 2020-10-12, 18:44:
I decided to upgrade from 6.13 to recent stable 6.32. […]
Show full quote

Screenshots:
v6_32.jpgv6_13.jpg

Please try version v6.33-4280 Beta if it fixes this issue.

Reply 418 of 677, by vutt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@Mumak Yes P3b-F onboard sensors are now working again. Thanks!

Q: Separate one. I was wondering why your tool is giving so little info (just name, no memory sizes or clock) on my Gainward Dragon 3000 Voodoo 2 card. Is it because I'm using nonstandard 3dfxzone.it Fastvoodoo v4.6 driver or is it about my specific hw version.

Reply 419 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vutt wrote on 2020-10-19, 09:57:

@Mumak Yes P3b-F onboard sensors are now working again. Thanks!

Q: Separate one. I was wondering why your tool is giving so little info (just name, no memory sizes or clock) on my Gainward Dragon 3000 Voodoo 2 card. Is it because I'm using nonstandard 3dfxzone.it Fastvoodoo v4.6 driver or is it about my specific hw version.

Thanks for the feedback.
Yes, that issue might be due to using a non-stanadard driver. With standard drivers it should report memory size and clocks too.
If you can post a dump of the registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software" key I will look into that.