VOGONS

First post, by Yuuker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Got my hands on this Skywell Magic 3D (https://i.imgur.com/lRZTTZS.jpg), but i can't tell if its acting up.
Anyone else notice their Voodoo giving them slight rainbow bands on textures?

quake.jpg
Filename
quake.jpg
File size
53.23 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

(You might need to zoom in to see) The middle bridge in particular displays this weird rainbow effect. It seems to stick to a lot of the textures in GL Quake.

Other games seem fine. I haven't noticed it in Tomb raider or Shadow Warrior. Outlaws i *think* displayed a bit of rainbow on the ground textures.
All games seem to be a bit yucky and washed out looking, even with the gamma set to 1.0

outlaws.jpg
Filename
outlaws.jpg
File size
58.71 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

You may also notice the jail bars on the outlaws shot. I'm fairly certain that's just regular Voodoo 1 video-quality behavior. Only have access to LCDs so i can't run it through a CRT.
Running the latest reference drivers from Phill's website and Direct X7. This is put in my Compaq Presario 7170 rig, with a P-100 and 64mb of ram.

Reply 1 of 1, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's how Quake always looked for me on 3dfx when not changing the completely cranked up brightness the 3dfx driver uses per default. First thing I always do after installing a 3dfx card: setting brightness of it in Windows and in autoexec.bat to 1.00.