VOGONS

First post, by Nemo1985

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello, since I have just 2 AT cases I want to get rid of my VX motherboards, they were useless back in time and imho they still are now.

First is a Full Yes 82430VX with coast module installed, without mmx support and fsb max 66mhz, 4 simm slots and 1 sdram slot
Second is a Lucky Star 5I-VX1F rev 2.1, 512kb cache, pentium mmx support, 75 and maybe 83 mhz support, 4 simm slots and 2 sdram slots.

Are they worth to be sold? How much?
Thanks.

Reply 1 of 7, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The Full Yes motherboard doesn't seem to support MMX chip officially, but its VRM can go to 2.8V and even below, so I think that in reality it's possible.

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 3 of 7, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well they differenciate "VR voltage spec" from "Core voltage" and they even mention "P55C" in there : http://www.elhvb.com/mboards/fullyes/82430VX.html

So actually maybe they knew about the MMX' specs by the time they made their board but they couldn't test it ?

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 6 of 7, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think they're worth keeping. Personally I'm tired of MMX. Real Pentiums didn't have MMX. The PMMX came out when Pentium was an EOL product, and that's not how it should be remembered.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 7 of 7, by Nemo1985

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Anonymous Coward wrote:

I think they're worth keeping. Personally I'm tired of MMX. Real Pentiums didn't have MMX. The PMMX came out when Pentium was an EOL product, and that's not how it should be remembered.

I agree with you, unlucky I have just 1 pentium non mmx cpu (166-S)

In the meanwhile I completed the first system:
Lucky Star 5I-VX1F with Pentium MMX 200 mhz and 16mb simm memory.

I found some dispaired memory simm modules, can I ask your help to identify them? There is also a Dimm module rated as DDR but with notches compatible with sdram.
Here are the pictures: https://imgur.com/a/Se9rGnk