VOGONS

First post, by Hamby

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So I was contemplating opening up my Compaq Contura Aero mini-laptop in order to replace the CMOS battery (not a comfortable thing), and I believe I'll have to remove the display in order to do so.

I've watched several YouTube videos of people replacing the display on their Gameboy / Pocket / Color / Advance and even Gamegear and Lynx LCDs with modern LCDs which are much better.
So I was wondering if it might be possible to replace the display on the Aero with a modern LCD that might have faster response time and a sharper display?
I'd have to find one the right dimensions of course, but even if I do, interfacing it is another question.

I loved this little laptop (aside from the sad display and slightly stiff keyboard), and might even start using it again (replacing the drive with a CF) if I could just improve the display.

Reply 1 of 1, by nullvalue

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'll be a thread necromancer today. Was hoping to do this exact same thing on my 4/33.. anyone figured out if this is possible?

These are Passive Matrix LCD screens.. if one were able to find a similar sized Active Matrix display, would they be compatible or use a totally different connector?