VOGONS

First post, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello,
i checked on eBay there are various complete Gotek mods, i hate soldering and DYI stuff for such things, does someone experience with some of them, which is best one?

I need use it with PC, Amiga support would be nice too, mainly i need display with image names, no just some number and need to use paper, memory. I dont want simulation of floppy sounds - i never liked them. Black variant is big plus.

So far my favorite is Technics KN-XXXX

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 1 of 1, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I finally find the mood to play with my Technics emulator which i bough.. Its one with display without any soldering.. it has FlashFloppy 2.13..
At the start, i just though that i have to use with Gotek utiliy (Floppy manager).. which are not working on my Win10 machine, because USB is accessed by other process (Rufus had this error too, but it can bypass it and i dunno what antivirus, imaging etc SW is causing it), so i had to use VIrtual machine and USB passthrough.
With floppy manager i got disappointed, because i wasnt able to find way how to rename floppy images.. to actually use display, what was my thing why i bought it (to avoid to have to use some paper with image numbers, or had to open some file on phone / computer).. When i finally connected it and tried it with classic gotek setup.. i got error 34.. flashFloppy 2.13 message so i started googling.. and figure out that with Flashfloppy.. is old Gotek world dead.. and for adding data you just need to format USB to FAT32 and copy images files on it.. and on display you can see normal windows filenames..

Its nice thing, especially when you have machine on the table, otherwise you have to go to ground.. until someone will make some thing with wireless module and phone app.. Im sure that AdmiralGeneral already has it with pointy remote:)

Only other thing, which i need to figure out, is how to disable floppy sound emulation.. is nice touch for the start and nice indicator that is floppy working - but there is already led for it, later it would get annoying, i like silent machines.

Update:
I found that USB process which is using USB is some Paragon SW tools process.. I have installed Paragon HDD manager 2015 + 2017 and Paragon EXT for WIndows.. Maybe some newer version has it fixed, but it means to buy them..

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.