VOGONS

First post, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm trying to set up a VIA Cyrix III/600 (6x100) on an ASUS S370-133 slocket. It has jumpers to set the voltage, which I've correctly set to 1.9V, and then another one (JP6) to switch between "Coppermine" and "Celeron." Obviously I'm using neither.

The manual I found doesn't say anything about what this jumper does and doesn't mention VIA CPUs.

Anyone know what I should set this to? I'm guessing it's to toggle the FSB between 100/133 (in which case I should set it on 'Celeron'?), but it'd be nice to know for certain before I plug it in.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1 of 3, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Definitely not an FSB jumper - Coppermine was also released in 66MHz FSB versions.

I'd say it's more likely to set pinout for PPGA vs FC-PGA. Iirc C3 uses FC-PGA pinout, so Coppermine would be correct setting.

Reply 2 of 3, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh well, so it turns out it doesn't POST on either setting. I think my Dell-Intel SE440BX-3 is just a little bit racist. 😜 I know the C3 works, and a legit Coppermine 600 booted fine in the same slocket, so it must just be incompatible. I'll try the C3-slocket combo in a VIA board later.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!