VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by GiSWiG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
red-ray wrote:
Thank you, but I should have been clearer as it's the save files I need to see and only asked for the logs when we though SIV wa […]
Show full quote
GiSWiG wrote:

Yeah, I did wrong, here's the attachment!

Thank you, but I should have been clearer as it's the save files I need to see and only asked for the logs when we though SIV was locking up the system.

To generate the save files just run SIV32L.exe with no qualifiers and then do Menu->File->Save Local which should generate SIV_RETRONATER.txt + SIV_RETRONATER.dmi files on XP and just SIV_RETRONATER.txt on 98.

On XP + 98 both the TNT + Voodoo 1 should be reported as a GPUs (Menu->File->GPU Info).

Edit I added 3dfx Voodoo1 + Voodoo2 Windows 98 support to the attached SIV 5.43 3dfx-04 test SIV so please use it to generate the save files.

Here are the 'Save Local' logs from both XP and 98 with screenshot of GPU info

Attachments

• Filename
    SIV_LOGS_2.zip
    File size
    236.81 KiB
    Downloads
    36 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Steamer/GOG-er: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.7GHz all cores | Mushkin 8GB DDR3 RAM 1333 w/ 6-6-6-18 1T | Dual AMD Radeon HD 6850s in CrossFireX | X-Fi Titanium | Dual-boot Windows XP and Vista

Reply 21 of 23, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
GiSWiG wrote:

Any special BIOS settings to try?

Thank you for posting the files and the 3dfx Voodoo1 looks OK, but as for BIOS settings I can't help as I have only used my Voodoo1 to check that SIV reports it OK.

SIV was slightly confused by your Riva TNT as it's Chipset ID is 20044001 which is unusual. I have just attached SIV 5.43 Beta-04 to SIV support for 386/486/586 class + Alpha CPUs and 3dfx + S3 + SiS + Matrox + XGI + old ATI + NVidia GPUs - Testing Help which should allow for this and also report the Voodoo1 on your 98 system so it would be good if you posted new save files from the XP system.

Reply 22 of 23, by GiSWiG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
red-ray wrote:
GiSWiG wrote:

Any special BIOS settings to try?

Thank you for posting the files and the 3dfx Voodoo1 looks OK, but as for BIOS settings I can't help as I have only used my Voodoo1 to check that SIV reports it OK.

SIV was slightly confused by your Riva TNT as it's Chipset ID is 20044001 which is unusual. I have just attached SIV 5.43 Beta-04 to SIV support for 386/486/586 class + Alpha CPUs and 3dfx + S3 + SiS + Matrox + XGI + old ATI + NVidia GPUs - Testing Help which should allow for this and also report the Voodoo1 on your 98 system so it would be good if you posted new save files from the XP system.

Here's both XP and 98 versions of Save_Log.

May I suggest putting a menu bar across the top of SIV32? I only found the right-click ? Menu by chance.

I think I'm going to call it. I've spent a lot of time getting this to work. I'm going to look in to selling some retro stuff and use that money to maybe get a k6-2/3 system and hope they work there.

I've got other setups to try but they all go faster/newer from here. I have an ASUS P3V4X board that the P2 will work in but it only has 1 ISA slot. I was hoping to put an Audician 32 Plus and the SB32 in the P3B-F.

Attachments

• Filename
    New_SIV32_Logs.zip
    File size
    207.69 KiB
    Downloads
    36 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Steamer/GOG-er: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.7GHz all cores | Mushkin 8GB DDR3 RAM 1333 w/ 6-6-6-18 1T | Dual AMD Radeon HD 6850s in CrossFireX | X-Fi Titanium | Dual-boot Windows XP and Vista

Reply 23 of 23, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
GiSWiG wrote:

May I suggest putting a menu bar across the top of SIV32? I only found the right-click ? Menu by chance.

Thank you for checking out Beta-04 and the save files. I added ASUS P3B-F support to SIV a while ago and I now finally know it works 😎.

About 14 years ago I was pondering adding a menu bar, but then Vista came out and as it has split buttons decided not to. I mainly use the split button sub-menus and when I do use the menu usually do a right/click on the tray icon. If you right/click on the buttons this also gives the sub-menus. In general I am told finding things in the SIV menus can se tricky, have you found Menu->Edit->View Menus?

I have most of the systems I have ever owned going back to the mid 1990s, twenty years ago I did not really have enough spare time to get SIV to do all I would like it to and now I have am adding support for old hardware. I use my old systems to test SIV, but would not like to use them as my main system 😉.

file.php?id=70915

Attachments

• RED.png
    Filename
    RED.png
    File size
    132.92 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    SIV has split buttons on Vista and later
    File license
    Public domain