Rank Member
Rank

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oak-Technology-OTI03 … d-/273398365891

Reply 2 of 8, by Vynix

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Eh to test something if it boots, sure why not, but using this in an actual build... Not so much.

Proud owner of a Shuttle HOT-555A 430VX motherboard and two wonderful retro laptops, namely a Compaq Armada 1700 [nonfunctional] and a HP Omnibook XE3-GC [fully working :p]

Reply 4 of 8, by Vynix

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've heard about a particular Oak VGA card being able to do EGA (?) as well, could it be one of these cards?

Proud owner of a Shuttle HOT-555A 430VX motherboard and two wonderful retro laptops, namely a Compaq Armada 1700 [nonfunctional] and a HP Omnibook XE3-GC [fully working :p]

Reply 5 of 8, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Vynix wrote:

I've heard about a particular Oak VGA card being able to do EGA (?) as well, could it be one of these cards?

If you mean that it can use EGA monitor, then yes.
It was pretty common in early VGA clones to support TTL monitors, see cards based on ATI 18800, Trident TVGA8800, Tseng ET3000, and others from that era.

Żywotwór planetarny, jego gnijące błoto, jest świtem egzystencji, fazą wstępną, i wyłoni się z krwawych ciastomózgowych miedź miłująca...

Reply 6 of 8, by Vynix

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes that's what I meant by that (my memory is fuzzy when it comes to these cards..) these days it's more of a moot point because EGA monitors are becoming hard to find these days.

Reply 8 of 8, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

One DE-15 for VGA, and one DE-9 - most likely for all TTL monitors: MDA, CGA, EGA.

Żywotwór planetarny, jego gnijące błoto, jest świtem egzystencji, fazą wstępną, i wyłoni się z krwawych ciastomózgowych miedź miłująca...