VOGONS

First post, by MII-233

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alright this one is one hell of a stretch seeing as the Prosignia 165 is seemingly one of the harder machines to come across on the internet (hell, my 3DM99 run is the only video of one on YT), but this is forum is probably my best shot at this. I've got this PS165 that didn't come with its original restore CD(s) and would really just like to have a copy of them, even though the ME setup it has now works perfectly fine. Honestly there's no real reason aside from I just want to see how it would have been from the factory as well as just being a nice to have type thing.

Zenith: 2x 1266MHz PIII, Supermicro P3TDDE, 1x 512MB PC133 ECC, Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, 80GB Barracuda 7200.9 (OS+Programs) + 160GB Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 (games), Windows XP Pro SP3

944TreU.gif

Reply 1 of 3, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Looking through available documentation makes it sound like restore CDs had to be ordered directly from Compaq and didn't come with the computer.

Good luck finding one. Barely anybody ordered the replacement/restore software back in the day.

It kinda also looks like the restore media was probably not model specific... just laptop, desktop, or workstation.

You have your restore CD for the bundled software and drivers and also the OS CD.

Edit: also sounds like the prosignia laptops/desktops may have only been available through mail order.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 3, by MII-233

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
cyclone3d wrote:
Looking through available documentation makes it sound like restore CDs had to be ordered directly from Compaq and didn't come w […]
Show full quote

Looking through available documentation makes it sound like restore CDs had to be ordered directly from Compaq and didn't come with the computer.

Good luck finding one. Barely anybody ordered the replacement/restore software back in the day.

It kinda also looks like the restore media was probably not model specific... just laptop, desktop, or workstation.

You have your restore CD for the bundled software and drivers and also the OS CD.

Edit: also sounds like the prosignia laptops/desktops may have only been available through mail order.

Damn, that stinks. Rather interesting though that the Prosignia's were MO only, though I suppose that in the end it makes sense seeing as mine came from a school lot where they had quite a few more of them. Probably was one of their intended customers.

Zenith: 2x 1266MHz PIII, Supermicro P3TDDE, 1x 512MB PC133 ECC, Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, 80GB Barracuda 7200.9 (OS+Programs) + 160GB Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 (games), Windows XP Pro SP3

944TreU.gif

Reply 3 of 3, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Looks like somebody had/has one for sale that appears to have the original software:
https://shrewsbury-pa.claz.org/classifieds/fo … q=prosignia+165

Maybe it is still available.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK