CF-CARD IDE

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 22, by thrawn235

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks for the help so far.
It seems i have another problem.
If y hold ctrl and selct A: drive, it doesnt even attempt to load from floppy. it goes straight to the HDD (with almost nothing on it)

if i boot from floppy directly (without) ez drive it works fine. (of course i cant see any partitions then)

Reply 21 of 22, by jaZz_KCS

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
thrawn235 wrote:
thanks for the help so far. It seems i have another problem. If y hold ctrl and selct A: drive, it doesnt even attempt to load […]
Show full quote

thanks for the help so far.
It seems i have another problem.
If y hold ctrl and selct A: drive, it doesnt even attempt to load from floppy. it goes straight to the HDD (with almost nothing on it)

if i boot from floppy directly (without) ez drive it works fine. (of course i cant see any partitions then)

I have never had that happen. Do not hold, just press CTRL once when it gives you the option to do so. --> Then press "a". --> Insert disk. --> Hit any key.

That should work, as the disk seems bootable if booted from directly. BTW: Never boot directly from a disk when using overlays, always boot after, with the help of the overlay, otherwise changes to the drive will corrupt the data.

Reply 22 of 22, by thrawn235

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I couldn't get ez-drive to work, so i decided to try the bios route again.

i set the sectors and clusters to something that gave 16gb and repartitioned it again with win98 fdisk.
It detected the proper size and everything has been working fine since.

Thanks for the help everybody.