VOGONS

First post, by elkbullwinkle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I have this 486 motherboard coming off Digital dec LPX 466d2 computer and it has a weird proprietary front panel connector. It would be nice to identify the pins, judging by the photos the computer didn't have anything special on the front panel, so I believe it should be speaker, reset (mb), power and hdd leds.

Funny enough there is a service manual available online if you google dec LPX 466d2, however it doesn't have the pinout, just says fp header.

I thought mb if anybody has the same computer, might check out the actual pinout.

I have attached the photos of the header and the board itself, sorry if they're too big.

J32 header.jpg
Filename
J32 header.jpg
File size
1.22 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
board.jpg
Filename
board.jpg
File size
1.71 MiB
Views
File license

Cheers,
Sasha.

Reply 1 of 2, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Welcome to VOGONS Sasha.

Looks like DEC used this same header on a number of boards for basic panel functions - as you look top to bottom in your first pic it's RESET, HD LED & POWER LED and will be simple to check which pins are for which functions. If you look at this blow-up from the web (links below) you'll see the same header on the slightly later DECpc LPx 560

DECpc FP Header.jpg
Filename
DECpc FP Header.jpg
File size
271.27 KiB
Views
File license

You can see the original sources at

http://jemascola.blogspot.com/2011/11/digital … pc-lpx-560.html
https://imgur.com/a/8ufkb from a Reddit article

Reply 2 of 2, by elkbullwinkle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Cool, thanks I will double check. I assumed they were different as that service manual that I've found mentioned a different modification with a different pin header.

P.S I've been reading for a long time, just haven't posted. Also gotta check notification settings, as didn't get an email re your reply.

Cheers. 😀