Hello

any informartion about this pin out ?¿

it is posible to adap a normal floppy drive 3,1/2 to this laptop pin out?¿

any idea where can i buy one floppy drive with 28 pin out

it is posible a gotek with 28 pin out ?

thx 😀

EDIT

it is a 26 pines Mitsubishi ekectric MF355S-212MG s/n 56927

Last edited by aljares on 2019-11-09, 19:47. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 2 of 10, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah but most are used for grounding.

Since many laptops have dead floppy drives (infamous drives with irreplaceable rubber belt), fitting a gotek in them isn't that bad of an idea !

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 5 of 10, by Merovign

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

At the very least you'd need the make and model of the laptop and then try to find service manuals or contact the manufacturer to get the pinout.

If you have a lot of electronics experience you might be able to manually determine the function of each line - if you had a working floppy drive.

*Too* *many* *things*!

Reply 6 of 10, by jaZz_KCS

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Also the flat cables with 28pins come in two varieties. One is about 24mm wide the other about 26mm, iirc. This can be a pain to adapt. I usually end up clamping both ends facing each other into a loose zif socket.

Reply 8 of 10, by aljares

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hello

model is a honotron encyclopedia 386 sx 25 , very old , and can not find a service manual , i try to upload some photo , it is a normal floppy drive , but laptop adapter it like ide conector , 28 pines.

@warlord more information about it will be apretiaced, i can adap a normal flopy to this one

Reply 10 of 10, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've had some success getting a belt driven floppy drive like that to work again, by carefully removing the motor and removing the belt.
If the belt tension is still okay, put some IPA on a tissue and run the belt through that to clear the hardened surface, the band should be back to being sticky if it doesn't disintegrate 😀.
Then carefully replace the belt and the motor. Not easy but sadly necessary for some drives (like my Toshiba & Mitsumi drives).

It's a shame the drive connector doesn't look standard, I recommend having a go cleaning the belt first. The Vintage Computer Forum might know more about old drive repair too.