VOGONS

First post, by makeshiftuk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi gents,

First post here, hope I'm in the right section...

I'm trying to breathe some life into an old Slot1 rig from '98 - and at it's heart, a GA-BX2000+ motherboard. I've recently sourced an SL4BS P3 1GHz (133MHz FSB), although it's currently registering in the BIOS as 750MHz given the motherboard is set to 100MHz FSB - and if I enable 133MHz FSB I should be able to unleash the delta.

Some homework suggests this mobo has a 'dip switch' box, a series of sliders that help alter the FSB. Trouble is, I have absolutely no idea what to set it to given my processor is not listed on the manual. NB: I'm very aware this CPU/mobo combination has been proven to work despite the manual suggesting it's upper CPU limit is 550MHz.

Any ideas? 😀

Attachments

• IMG_3243.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_3243.jpg
    File size
    163.36 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • IMG_3253.PNG
    Filename
    IMG_3253.PNG
    File size
    338.81 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 1 of 1, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This seems to be a combined Jumper block for both Multiplier and FSB.
Looking at the table you posted: Multiplier is set by jumpers 1,2,3,4 and FSB is set by jumpers 5,6,7,8.
With a retail Pentium III, the multiplier is processor locked. So jumpers 1,2,3,4 are non-functional with that CPU.
As for the FSB configuration you can:
1) Look up the datasheet for the PLL chip, my sources say it is type ICS 9248-63. But I cannot find a datasheet...
2) Experiment and note the results.

Edit: Seems you are using an older manual. The last one has more information.
https://www.gigabyte.com/nl/Motherboard/GA-BX … #support-manual

Also: for unofficial 133MHz operation AGP divider must be set at ratio 2/3. I suspect jumper 8 is actually the AGP divider setting.

Attachments

• BX2000+.png
    Filename
    BX2000+.png
    File size
    35.9 KiB
    Views
    File license

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul