VOGONS

First post, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My favorite daily-use mouse has always been the Microsoft Optical Mouse Blue which is USB and PS/2 compatible with the provided adapter. I have several of these mice, but the button switches have failed over the years on all but one of them. After a bit of searching, I was able to determine that the switch model is one of two models in the Panasonic EVQP0 Series of tactical switches. These two switch models differ only in the operating force necessary to activate the switch:

EVQP0E07K - 0.74 Newtons
EVQP0D07K - 1.30 Newtons

I don't have the equipment to determine the force required for the original switches, but after replacing the switches in one of the mice with the EVQP0D07K model and comparing to a mouse with the original switches, it appears the original switch is the EVQP0E07K with the lower operating force. So pick your poison. I prefer the stiffer switch. Both of the Panasonic switches are still available through a number of electronics distributors.

In order to get into the mouse, you will need to remove the four black rubber pads on the bottom with a small flat screwdriver or blade since these cover four screws.

Attachments

• 19120700.jpg
    Filename
    19120700.jpg
    File size
    77.43 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Microsoft Optical Mouse Blue
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • 19101702.JPG
    Filename
    19101702.JPG
    File size
    135.73 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Microsoft Optical Mouse Blue
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 2, by Mister Xiado

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I did this with a few of my MS mice a year ago. Don't know why I bothered recording it, since I don't have any decent equipment, but whatever.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/VTMtNTlBZH0/

b_ldnt2.gif - Where it's always 1995.
Icons, wallpapers, and typical Oldternet nonsense.

Reply 2 of 2, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You might want to note the replacement switch you used in a comment on your video page (or this thread). Somebody might be interested. That's what prompted this thread.

I shudder to think how many millions of mice have been trashed when a simple switch or cable replacement could have restored them to operation.