VOGONS

First post, by z9700

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all, I've got an IBM IntelliStation M Pro 6889, and it's currently on BIOS version NUKT43AUS, dated 5/11/2000. I know there are newer BIOSes available for older revisions of this machine (going at least to 2001), but for the life of me, I can't find anything online that points to any BIOSes at all for my IntelliStation M Pro.

So would anyone happen to have, or know where the newest BIOS for this machine might be found?

Much appreciated.

Reply 3 of 6, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As far as I can find thru IBM Support, you're already on the latest available BIOS version

NUKT/NUJT43A: SMBIOS: Fix "Invalid usage" message Fix Virus Detection feature problem Update CPU patc […]
Show full quote

NUKT/NUJT43A:
SMBIOS: Fix "Invalid usage" message
Fix Virus Detection feature problem
Update CPU patch file
Support for addtional processor speed ratio bits
Fix POST halt with continuous beeps problem

Are you hoping a later BIOS might fix an issue with the system?

Reply 4 of 6, by z9700

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Not in particular... Although the video configuration section incorrectly reports the graphics card having 0 MB VRAM, I'm simply hoping to be on the latest version made for this machine, if there is in fact a later revision.

Can you link where you got that segment?

Reply 5 of 6, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's from a Google archive of this IBM support page

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/flash-bios- … -type-6889-6897

The previous quote is from the BIOS history at the end of the text file. I see a few posts online from users at your current BIOS revision level but nobody beyond it.

The archive page reads

Flash BIOS update - IBM IntelliStation M Pro (Type 6889, 6897) […]
Show full quote

Flash BIOS update - IBM IntelliStation M Pro (Type 6889, 6897)

Version v43a - NUJT43A

Release Date 12 May 2000

Downloadable File

File link_______File size_________File description

nujt43a.txt____22,543__________README for the Flash BIOS update ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/systems/support/in … ion/nujt43a.txt
nuj243a.exe___649,286_________Flash BIOS update (Japanese) ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/systems/support/in … ion/nuj243a.exe
nujt43a.exe___1,061,035_______Flash BIOS update ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/systems/support/in … ion/nujt43a.exe

Abstract

The following files are the latest flash BIOS updates and readme file for the IBM IntelliStation M Pro, type 6889, 6897 systems.

Download Description

Severity: Suggested

Document Information

Modified date:
14 March 2007

Reply 6 of 6, by z9700

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Interesting that IBM would continue to update the Pentium II version in successive years, but stop the Pentium III version at 2000. Maybe it was an inherently more robust platform, thus didn't need anything more?

Regardless, I still really like this machine. After I can get another CPU and some PCI expansions / upgrades in, I'm considering designating it as my primary.

Thanks for the help, all.