VOGONS

First post, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi,

I've this Atom D2500 Dual 1,86Ghz Cedarview-SGX545 based mini-itx pc always tried with linux where there's a DRI gma500 kernel module that works quite well with both lxde and lxqt gui, obviously no opengl support beside the llvmpipe software renderer.
I was thinking about trying Windows on it. I don't have Windows XP or 7 where there should be official drivers but only Windows 8.1 retail boxed to try and it runs it with default "windows" drivers.
I know there is a specific beta version that should run on 32bit and 64bit Windows 8 and above version in 2D but no 3D. Is it right?
But the official link seems were removed and don't know if anyone knows where to find it. Also do anyone tried any way to find some ways to run 3D too? I'd really like to see how fast that GPU were running old benchmark, there's a youtube video of it but I think on older o.s.
Thank

Reply 1 of 1, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

SGX545 GPU is licensed from imagination technologies for intel use in Atom CPUs. As result, both intel and imagination pointed each other over shoddy drivers for linux and limited support of windows. No choice here but use different CPU like AMD E450 or E350 or E2000, E1200 instead which they have real low end GPU lifted from AMD's GPU cards.

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.