VOGONS

Reply 40 of 42, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Now you made me spend time and actually test the thing out. It was a project I hadn't gotten around to messing with yet.

1) Looks like it probably has undocumented 33, 40, and 50 settings. May be slightly different than what is being reported though. I will have to do more testing to see if it is accurate.
a. The documented 40Mhz setting will not boot with the AMD 486 DX4-100 that is currently installed.
b. It boots and shows 120Mhz with one undocumented setting.
c. It boots and shows 150Mhz with one undocumented setting.
d. It boots and shows 100Mhz with one undocumented setting.
e. A couple other undocumented settings make it not boot.

2) Booted up first time and it had the correct date, but the time was just about 6 hours off. Not bad at all for a board made about 1995. The Dallas chip is not socketed so if I do have to replace it at some point, I will need to unsolder it and install a socket.

3) No option to boot from CD-ROM. This is expected though.

One other thing I noticed in the BIOS. It is only showing options for 3x PCI IRQs. Unsure if this is because of the backplane I am using not having configuration options for the PCI IDs or something else.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 42 of 42, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ok, I will have to do some more testing like I said. It was really late last night and I probably need to test with a regular 486 that isn't clock doubled or tripled.

I only messed with the fsb settings so there might be another jumper or two I need to change to get lower speeds to work.

Plus I have no idea yet of the reported speeds at boot were actually anywhere near accurate.

I did try looking up the clock generator datasheet but it apparently is no longer available from anywhere.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK