VOGONS

First post, by facuarmo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone, I'm here again to see if I can get some help from you guys. Thing is that I found two original Sound Blaster sound cards laying around my house. Later on, I realized that one of them (a Sound Blaster 16 Value - CT2770, which is the one that originally came with my 386 computer) and another one (a Sound Blaster AWE64 - CT4500) which I think has been given to me by a guy my dad met a couple years ago.

Both of them are completely undetected, I replace the big capacitors on both which are used for the "power" area (470uF/16v pairs). On the first one (CT2770), I measured the voltage drop from ground to each of the capacitors legs and also between them, the multimeter didn't show anything, which leads me to think that I might've killed some of the copper pads while soldering. However, on the other one (CT4500) both capacitors show a normal value (which starts from a low value and raises to infinite) and do have a connection within the rest of the card (they show different reading while measuring between their legs and the rest of the circuit like ICs, smaller capacitors, etc.).

Now, the actual problem: none of them are being detected by the computer. Both show normal signs of a working condition: components heat up to a normal working temperature, around 30-45°C, but nothing happens. I tried both PnP detection and non-PnP hardware scanning but both failed. That said, I'd like to know if you guys could post some schematics from them, as I couldn't find any on the internet, from none of them.

Cheers and thanks in advance!