VOGONS

Reply 40 of 43, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is anyone else seeing anything like this? I need to get a better chair, so I decided to see what they had on special at Newegg. I see a chair that looks promising, and it has a promo code for $50.00 off! But when I clicked the link, I don't see anything about the promo code? I assumed it was some sort of glitch with the site, so I clicked back to where I saw the code, wrote it down, then tried to enter it at checkout. It turned out that the promo code is only legitimate if you are using their mobile app!

I do not bank, shop, or do any of that sort of thing with my phone because those are all things I do with my computer. When I'm stuck somewhere in public and have nothing else to do I will browse the internet on my phone, but I never ever use a phone for that if I can use a computer instead. If they want to retain the loyalty of long time customers this isn't a good way to go about it. I'm not putting their app on my phone.

Attachments

"I'd rather be rich than stupid" - Jack Handey

Reply 42 of 43, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Trust me, get a saddle stool if you are working long days. I have one at work and my back loves me.

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 43 of 43, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Ozzuneoj wrote on 2022-02-09, 04:09:
Ohoh! I figured something out!!! […]
Show full quote

Ohoh! I figured something out!!!

Simply type an asterisk * into the search box on your order history page.

This will literally bring up everything you've ever ordered.

FANTASTIC!

EDIT: It seems pretty easy to just go to each page of the order history and middle click the order details button to open a new tab, then click the tab, Ctrl-S to save as HTML. This is in Firefox by the way. The page titles have the order number, so it will stay somewhat organized. The benefit to doing it this way is that the links to the items will still work as long as newegg keeps those old pages up. I can still pull up the page for a K7S5A I bought in 2001 and all the pictures and specs are there... but it's so old there is no name on the product! 😀

Holy crap. I found the invoice for my red Icemat 2 mousepad which I'm still using constantly after 13 years!!!

Also just discovered something after many years of using Windows 10... it apparently has numerical sorting enabled, without needing leading zeros? Like, all of the files with long order numbers are in the correct order even though the oldest ones have fewer digits. I don't know how I've never noticed this before, but my mind is blown. I've always just manually added leading zeros when sorting files for the past 20+ years.

Hmm for me it just goes back to 2015 and have saved receipts from late 2000's. Maybe it only works proper if you didn't change the original email like I did (never changed the login, just the email and password).
Oh well, better to not see the other stuff I blew money on ;D

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun