VOGONS

First post, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I am thinking about upgrading my main/modern machine, and I would like to reuse the parts for a late XP/windows 7 hybrid system.

What I have now is a socket 1150 board and haswell CPU, which is past the period of official support for XP. I think it will work anyway with USB 2.0 generic drivers and IDE mode storage, but I want to do better than that.

Also, I may upgrade my XP machine with Ryzen or later parts someday, just because, and if I have good addon cards I won't have to worry about compatibility with future chipsets.

Are there any USB 3.0 controllers that anyone would recommend for XP?

Furthermore, are there any SATA controllers, preferably with AHCI drivers, preferably SATA 6.0GB/s or even faster, that have good XP drivers?

Reply 1 of 1, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have a StarTech PEXSAT32 dual port 6Gb SATA pcie card in my XP SP3 box and it works very well, included driver cd in it's box. It also has a 4 port USB 3.0 card that works well but cannot remember make&model/find the box for it.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun