- faster 486DX CPU, maybe Pentium 1
- 8-16MB RAM
- S3 Virge / Trio based GPU
- SB compatible sound card with real OPL3
- flash based storage, 2x2GB
- not too big, not too small, 11"-13"
- USB flash support, CF card slot
- internal Gotek
- relatively high DPI display for pixel perfect (or near perfect) scaling, lets say 4:3 1600x1200 (320x200 -> 1600x1200) + some hardware scalers
- buttons for brightness and volume
- paralel port, LAN

Im pretty close to this - I suggest starting with something like the 430hx agate MB, with built in wifi/ethernet and maybe 3-4 usb ports, so usb mouse/kb/thumb drives could all be used concurrently if desired. USB 2.p please. I'd prefer more like 32-48mb ram to keep the disk swapping low in win9x. And more bios options to take a 200mhz p1 and throttle the CPU down to 486 or 386 speeds even, for dos support. Built in SB16 support. 120gb hdd support.

Searching for Epson Actiontower 3000 486 PC.

Reply 21 of 21, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Thermalwrong wrote on 2020-01-26, 01:11:

The unfortunate thing about all of this is that the Mini ITX standard had already shed standards like ISA/AGP, so there aren't really any small motherboards that have ISA, beyond the PC partner MVP3 board 😁
Maybe that with some risers and a 3d printed case??

There are other small form factors that have/had ISA and/or PCI support.

I have a parts on the way and should be able to make 4 different test setups (or rather.. 4 different base configurations). I will have to probably end up designing or adapting a PCI and an ISA riser. In the end, I will probably design risers and either have the full plans available or produce and sell them IF I have the time and the price ends up not being super high.

So far the CPU speeds I will have available for testing are:
Cyrix MediaGX 266Mhz
Vortex86 500Mhz
Pentium III 850Mhz
Celeron 1.2Ghz

Hoping to be able to have 3 ISA and 3 PCI slots if everything can be crammed together like I think it can.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK