this? https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/NMkAAOSwRFlc-VWI/s-l1600.jpg […]
Show full quote

this?
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/NMkAAOSwRFlc-VWI/s-l1600.jpg

the regular AZT2316 drivers should still work

or these:
ftp://ftp.aztech.com/SUPPORT/DOWNLOAD/Audtel/

Yes, it's the card on the picture.

Which of those drivers in the FTP should I get? just to make sure since there's a lot of them.

Reply 22 of 23, by webodan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, looks like I got it installed using Windows 98 and the wizard to add non-pnp devices... but now it's conflicting with my PCI soundblaster. Bummer. Gonna try maybe removing that or something. Hopefully I can get both the integrated soundcard of this soltek motherboard and the aztech to cooperate.

Edit: I managed to get the card to sound in Windows, but as I expected, I don't have any sound working in DOS games. How do I get this card to work in DOS? Those drivers only made it work in a very limited way (no directsound or anything) under Windows 98. I've got nothing in my AUTOEXEC.BAT since I don't know what the DOS driver is.

Edit 2: Oh good! somehow, enabling my integrated WDM sound chip got directsound working in both cards, and I'm hearing that OPL3 chip right now.... pretty delicious! now to figure out how to get DOS to use it...

Edit 3: I tried installing the drivers for a Sound Galaxy Pro II 16 and the waverider 32+ which seemed to be the closest to my sound card's hardware but those didn't work.

Also tried the waverider 32-3d drivers, these I managed to install and they seem to work, but are spotty - in duke3d setup only music in soundblaster mode worked, the sound effects gave me "invalid or conflicting dma channel". this in pure dos btw, so i don't know why it would conflict. also tried music in general midi and it simply doesn't sound at all. i've checked the ports in the config app of this driver (that configures the irq, dma and port) + the one jumper defining the address of the card in sound blaster mode, both settings are correct (330h for the mpu401, 330 for general midi in the game, 220 for soundblaster mode, irq 5, dma 1, both in duke nukem, in the config app and in the jumper, which is set to port 22x)

Lastly I figured out that since i installed 2316FD95.ZIP which belongs to the Sound Galaxy Pro16II that uses the AZT-2316/R Chipset that i'd try a different driver for this card but that had some sort of DOS support, so I installed the SG PRO16II Version 1.10 - English, and I had the same result as the waverider. I have sound only in soundblaster mode for the music in DOS mode, the sound effects give me invalid or conflicting IRQ and DIAGNOSE.EXE (the diagnostic program for this card) gives me errors about interrupts and closes down. i wonder what's wrong???

Edit: the card worked in duke3d only when the game is run on top of Windows. But now for some reason the system crashes whenever i exit the game or i test the sound effects 😭

I really need some help to get this card identified somehow since even the seller said he doesn't know anymore because his test pc died...................... or at least working in some way, hope someone can help me, i don't want to return it since it seems to be fine, it's just that the drivers give me problems. As much as I've been told that the live 5.1 is bad, at least that one worked! 😭

Reply 23 of 23, by webodan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I ended up making the sound card work in DOS games after setting IRQs and DMAs manually in the soltek bios, but it'll only work when my integrated WDM VIA sound chip is disabled, so that means no DirectSound games if I want to play without the crashes I mentioned, either when testing sound effects in setup or exiting the games themselves, both things freezing the system entirely.

Is there any way I can configure the IRQ or DMA of this integrated sound chip to avoid this crashing? Hope someone with a similar system to mine will shed some light.....

Edit: Fixed it. It was the stupidest thing: For some reason, in the configs of both blood and duke3d, setting this card in stereo will make the sound effects test and the game crash when exiting. just setting it up in mono works. i guess this card is incapable of outputting stereo sound? Oh well whatever.