VOGONS

First post, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Dont waisting you time on buying expensive gal chips from ebay. Its insane what prices they ask for that stupid gal chip

Program your own!

s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• Filename
    SB20plusGAL.rar
    File size
    397 Bytes
    Downloads
    42 downloads
    File comment
    Its for the ct1336A chip
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 1 of 5, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

buying the SAA chips an empty GAL and a programmer is going to be a lot more expensive for most people :p
honestly I haven't seen them for insane prices, $15 is reasonable imho for the service of sourcing two SAA1099s a GAL and programming it.

obviously if you have a programmer and the means to get the chips there's no need to buy ready ones ^^

Reply 2 of 5, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
imi wrote on 2020-02-12, 00:40:

buying the SAA chips an empty GAL and a programmer is going to be a lot more expensive for most people :p

This.
Also, I saw some complaints about some GAL chips being incompatible.
And there's that neverending story with fake chips...

Nie tylko, jak widzicie, w tym trudność, że nie zdołacie wejść na moją górę, lecz i w tym, że ja do was cały zejść nie mogę, gdyż schodząc, gubię po drodze to, co miałem donieść.

Reply 3 of 5, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I will be building a Snarkbarker soon and I have zero interest in getting its CMS functionality working.. I can't think of a single game where I would have to suffer the CMS audio because something more favorable such as Adlib isn't supported..

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 5 of 5, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The JED Robin4 posted is not good, it is a read from a GAL that is protected. Open it with a text editor and you'll see it.
suntac already released his work here: Finally! CMS Upgrade Equations for All SB2.0s full sources and the whole deal.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website