VOGONS

First post, by RiP

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does anyone have a manual for this CI-2205 SCSI VLB card?
I couldn't get it to work at all, maybe wrong jumpers:

Attachments

• scsi.jpg
    Filename
    scsi.jpg
    File size
    206.45 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • ci-2205.jpg
    Filename
    ci-2205.jpg
    File size
    64.28 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 4, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Can you take a better picture ? It appears all the jumpers are labeled, I can barely read the IRQ and I/O address jumpers mid board.
The Centos website in archive.org does not go back far enough to get any info. The drivers would be standard Adaptec.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 3 of 4, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
RiP wrote on 2020-02-21, 15:56:

Here you are:

Thanks ! Ok can see the bottom row of jumpers is for the SCSi IRQ, DRQ and DAQ (and are set proper, they have to be the same #). The ROM# jumpers probably sets the ROMs base address (like C800, D000, D800, etc).

That top row of jumpers is a bit mysterious but seem to relate directly to the 82c765 floppy controller. The IR0 and IR1 are typically used to set the floppy IRQ (usually IRQ6) but may not be on your VLB, they might also be for the scsi irq's.
I am guessing the the ID# on right sets the cards scsi ID, the DMA probably enables the cards or floppy DMA. Will dig around to see if anything comes up on those odd jumpers.
The Adaptec AIC-6360 bios typically does not have the Ctrl+A to enter it like later AIC-7880 type bios. I attached adaptec 6360 util you can run from DOS to see the roms configuration. Can you try the card and see if the util works with it ?

added: found this at one Centos faq on the CI-2020M:

Interrupt IR1 IR0 IRQ9 IRQ10 IRQ11 IR12
==========================================
IRQ9 CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED OPEN OPEN OPEN
IRQ10 CLOSED OPEN OPEN CLOSED OPEN OPEN
IRQ11 OPEN CLOSED OPEN OPEN CLOSED OPEN
IRQ12 OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN CLOSED

Attachments

• Filename
    1520cfg.zip
    File size
    95.73 KiB
    Downloads
    29 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun