VOGONS

Which one of you was it?

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 50, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Guess I have been lucky with Yahoo Auctions then. I've only bought a handful of parts off of Yahoo Japan and nobody has ever bid over me or after me for that matter and I don't do high bids either.

I do use FromJapan and Buyee as I am in the USA and could not do it otherwise.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 41 of 50, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote on 2020-02-27, 05:57:

Guess I have been lucky with Yahoo Auctions then. I've only bought a handful of parts off of Yahoo Japan and nobody has ever bid over me or after me for that matter and I don't do high bids either.

Just try to buy Roland SCP-55 or something like this, and you'll see what ragefury32 means 😀

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart
archive.org: PCMCIA software, manuals, drivers

Reply 42 of 50, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Bondi wrote on 2020-02-27, 11:18:
cyclone3d wrote on 2020-02-27, 05:57:

Just try to buy Roland SCP-55 or something like this, and you'll see what ragefury32 means 😀

Maybe, but I know how much stuff like that usually goes for and am not surprised the price skyrockets at the end.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 43 of 50, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

ok, which one of you was it this time? was just strolling through auctions and found a lot with an aztech cd rom, wanted to click on buy it now but when I refreshed it was already sold 🙁

Reply 44 of 50, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote on 2020-02-27, 15:53:

Maybe, but I know how much stuff like that usually goes for and am not surprised the price skyrockets at the end.

On slightly different note..
I'm now watching an absurd war of bids on Yahoo. The price has gone far beyond any reasonable limits, and it's not yet over.
In my opinion buyer-oriented approach on ebay is much more fair. You have basically one chance to decide on your max bid, and not much emotions are involved. Unlike the auctions with auto extension, from which the sellers benefit much more than buyers.

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart
archive.org: PCMCIA software, manuals, drivers

Reply 46 of 50, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MAZter wrote on 2020-03-16, 14:37:

Not me

that sounds suspicious

so who just got that peacock 486 with 5x86 upgrade CPU and ET4000 VLB card?

I wanted to bid on it but in the current situation I try to scale down postal traffic a bit ^^

Reply 47 of 50, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

🙁

I think I just lost an auction to a recycler even though I put in a bid waaaay above what I usually would...
sad to see all those nice cards go.

I even went the Predator99 route (:p) and offered the seller upfront for a selection of them and they would have agreed to it too, but it took them a few days to get back to me and by that time somebody had already bid on the auction (like an hour before... that timing).

the buyer only has bids on other recycling auctions, and a lot of them at that... so I assume that's just bulk recycling.

this is a sad day.

goodbye Guillemot Maxi Sound 64
goodbye miro SOUND PCM1 PRO
goodbye Sound Blaster Pro 2.0
goodbye SB16
goodbye Aztech Sound Galaxy NX Pro
goodbye to the Yamaha cards
goodbye poor Voodoo 3 that got robbed of its heatsink
goodbye Tseng ET4000
goodbye Hercules Stingray Pro
goodbye to all the S3 cards
goodbye Riva128
goodbye generic CL VLB card
goodbye PICMG backplane
goodbye slotket adapter
goodbye to all the other sound cards, GPUs and all the other cards.

you will live on in memory.

Reply 48 of 50, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, I have also watched this. Most interesting card was the Guillemot Maxi Sound 64, but if you take a look at the sold items you see that it is usually sold for only around 50€. The backplane was also interesting. As the auction was beyond 80€ I deleted it from my watch list...

Reply 49 of 50, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

yeah, I had offered a good amount for some of the cards and the seller was about to accept, but as I said the reply came too late as someone had already bid the €80 starting price by then, a few days after it started, it's a shame... I don't get why scrappers pay that much for these boxes.

Reply 50 of 50, by Hamby

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

About the Inspiron 8100... don't blame me; I already have two Toshiba T5200s... why would I want to buy a lesser laptop? 😁

Sad about the Aztech card. There's an Awe32 card I'm struggling with myself to bid on...