VOGONS

First post, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Would need help to identify this card.

Attachments

Last edited by Stiletto on 2020-02-25, 18:05. Edited 1 time in total.

naa, nothing yet...

Reply 2 of 7, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mpe wrote on 2020-02-25, 12:29:

The markings on the left side (Spectrum, Inc.; DT55B) looks like a vendor name and model number to me 😀

Any reason to think it is not correct?

I guess they're implicitly asking for documentation or a search term that will find them some.

Reply 3 of 7, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
mpe wrote on 2020-02-25, 12:29:

The markings on the left side (Spectrum, Inc.; DT55B) looks like a vendor name and model number to me 😀

Any reason to think it is not correct?

Ye hehe wanted to know what the jumpers are for 😉 just had time to try it in my 286’ without any luck 😀

naa, nothing yet...

Reply 4 of 7, by jmarsh

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The DS1292 is basically a programmable DIP switch so the jumper next to it is probably used to clear its settings/reset to defaults, then you'd need software to change them... no idea what the other jumper would be.

Reply 5 of 7, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
jmarsh wrote on 2020-02-25, 12:57:

The DS1292 is basically a programmable DIP switch so the jumper next to it is probably used to clear its settings/reset to defaults, then you'd need software to change them... no idea what the other jumper would be.

Thats correct, see here
https://elcodis.com/parts/5802516/DS1292.html#datasheet

You may give testext (testx.exe) a try while installed to see its current configuration.

Reply 6 of 7, by mpe

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If this is providing EMS memory I bet it is configuring the address of EMS frame window.

Given by the manufacture date of the DS1292 I think the battery is pretty much guaranteed to be dead.

Blog|NexGen 586|S4