VOGONS

First post, by SETBLASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is it really worth it to fix a voodoo3 card now these days?

i have a voodoo3 card, the evilking version that has 8 memory chips.
The issue with the card is that there is some kind of letter corruption, the image is almost good but some letters end up like washed or different color. I think its one of the memory chips.

1) Is there a program i should run to detect that memory is actually faulty and not the GPU itself?
2) finding replacement of ELITEMT M12L16161A -5.5T , i found many on aliexpress that was 7T, but one seller did have a 5T version so i think it should work , right?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33048001148.h … .4e6857c1KxkpmE
It would cost for 8 chips plus shipping, a total of 17bucks

too bad there is no easy way to find out which of the 8 is the faulty one, or faulty ones.

i was going to throw this card to the trash, but looking at how expensive these are going i just kept it in a box.

v33000pcolorfb.jpg

Reply 2 of 5, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I was just browsing the Voodoo cards at ebay today, before seeing this thread, and was surprised to see how bloated the prices are nowadays. I think if you can fix it, you can sell it for a good price.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 3 of 5, by aaronkatrini

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That is a nice card, I think you totally should try to fix it. If not, I'm sure there will be people (me included) that would want to trade that non-working card for another more common but working Voodoo 3.

Reply 5 of 5, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Even the non desirable Rush/Banshee's are increasing in price.
If you can be bothered to fix it then it'll sell.
If you can't chuck it back in it's box and in a few years it'll probably be worth as much as a working one is now