VOGONS

First post, by 5y5t3m

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I do work for a GPR company and I am head of the repairs division and I want to "re-engineer" how our proprietary systems use CF cards to transfer data from machine to laptops. The reason for this is I want to remove user error because they cannot grasp the concept to correctly insert the card back in the machine and vise versa with the card readers. I have to spend hours fixing bent pins or replacing the card slots due to broken pins and card readers... this happens a lot... I do know that the CF cards are connected to the board IDE controller, unfortunately since this is a proprietary system everything is integrated i cannot slap a fancy IDE to SD in there. Sorry if that was a little winded but just wanted to explain....

I have tried a few CF to SD cards but they are not shown as a drive I have spent hours trying to find CF to IDE because I was going to adapt the IDE to a SD adapter. The host OS rides on DOS not sure what version but I was gonna play around with that too a little later on. Is there such option to go multiple adapters? Is there a CF to SD that is IDE friendly or am I better off getting a CF extension so I can mount it some where else and just keep buying those? Any help or direction is greatly appreciated. I can throw some pictures of the daughter board later on tomorrow if that helps at all.