VOGONS

First post, by MSThalamus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Re: MS SideWinder 3D Pro Win9x Drivers

akula65 wrote on 2008-02-29, 22:54:

I have put together a package of SW3DPRO.VXD replacement drivers in which the timing values have been adjusted to permit the drivers to function on a variety of Win9x systems with substantially higher performance than the original Microsoft driver. I have successfully used the drivers to get the SW 3D Pro to work on machines up to a Pentium III 933 MHz CPU with a 133 MHz FSB (the fastest Win9x system available to me), and the drivers will hopefully support much faster systems as well. Note that the drivers will only work on Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows ME. Newer versions of Windows are not supported (sorry).

I would have contacted the op directly instead of resurrecting a necro thread, but I have to post some things before that feature will be enabled.

Greetings from 12 years in the future!

@akula65 , I wanted to thank you for posting this set of drivers, but unfortunately none of them worked for me. My machine specs are below. I know all of the hardware is good, because it all works with XP, but not 9x.

AMD Athlon 800 MHz (Slot A)
200 MHz bus (so sayeth CPU-World)
Windows 98 Gold

thanks!
me

Last edited by Stiletto on 2020-03-11, 07:17. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 3, by MSThalamus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@derSammler, thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately, these behaved the same way. It's not really a problem. I can switch to my XP install just by reapplying an image, so that's what I'll do for my few joystick-based games that won't run in DOS.

thanks!
me