VOGONS

First post, by fool

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

After installing OS, Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB bridge is giving me exclamation mark with error code 35:
“Your computer’s system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. Code 35”

Not much helpful info can be found with google. Somewhere was a comment that MPS version should be dropped 1.4->1.1 but cannot remember is there even this configuration available. BIOS update could be one solution, but Epox BIOS updates are not easy to find. This is with 1Mbit BIOS chip. I found one firmware file but it seems to be with the same date (05/99) that is currently in the system. Any suggestions? I don't care much about USB, but it would help a lot installing all drivers and stuff...

Toshiba T8500 desktop
SAM/CS9233 Wavetable Synthesizer daughterboard
Coming: 40-pin 8MB SIMM kit, CS4232 ISA wavetable sound card

Reply 2 of 3, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Think you're already on the latest bios version for the 1Mb chip. MPS Version Control is an option in BIOS FEATURES SETUP

FYI, bios downloads are available here http://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/Archive/Epox/bios/index.html

KP6-BS 1Mb.png
Filename
KP6-BS 1Mb.png
File size
164.97 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3 of 3, by fool

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you for the web site! It may come handy with other Epox socket 462.

About the USB driver issue, with a little patience I found MPS 1.1 from the BIOS menu and it works fine now.
I tried also install V2 8M SLI (+ATI Rage Pro 128) but failed. With voodoo active there was some kind of confliction between voodoos and (PS/2) mouse in Quake 3. Everything was fine unless trying to control the game with mouse. It was a slide show while moving around. Keyboard movement was ok. Didint want shift voodoos to other slots, but just changed to V3 AGP and works perfect now. Wondering what was the root cause...

Toshiba T8500 desktop
SAM/CS9233 Wavetable Synthesizer daughterboard
Coming: 40-pin 8MB SIMM kit, CS4232 ISA wavetable sound card