VOGONS

First post, by Hamby

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just got myself a Tandy 1000hx.
The only monitor I have that can work with it is a 1084S that's been sitting in the closet for 8 years; it was working when I put it in there.
I opened it up yesterday, and it appears fine; a little bit of dust, no bulging caps, no residue from leaks, no rust or corrosion I could see.
But... I don't have a cable for its 8-pin digital or 6-pin(?) analog round connectors. The only cable I do have is either a C64/C128 luma/chroma cable or one for an Amiga.
I bought one from ebay which appears to be correct for digital CGA to the 1084S.
Is there a pinout diagram of the 1000hx video port somewhere so I could test the cable when it comes it?

I probably could... well I know I could connect an RCA plug to the composite port of the Tandy and the 1084S, and that would give me a video signal so I could test the Tandy, at least, but I still want the cable.

Also... I intend getting one of those Gonbes GS82x0 CGA->VGA converter boards, as well as the GGLabs C128 digital-to-analog converter, so I can use it with an old 4:3 LCD VGA I have.
Would a standard, straight through RS232 cable work to connect between the T1000hx and the GGLabs rig, or will I need to buy a special CGA cable?

I don't want to fry either the 1084S or the 1000hx, so I want to be cautious if I have to build adapters/cables.

Reply 1 of 1, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I never really did understand the point of the keyboard shaped monitor cables.

I had a mono monitor attached via a round digital adapter to a 286, I can honestly say I’ve never seen a pc with that connector natively, it’s always through an adapter

A good start

http://www.muszeroldal.hu/assistance/rgbcsatllbekotesek.pdf