VOGONS

First post, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Greetings,

I got my hands on some old CH Products hardware: Flightstick Pro, Throttle, and pedals. I purchased a gameport-usb adapter. I would like to use these with DOSBox and 86box.

I downloaded the CH drivers from Vogons.

What is the best way to connect the throttle in order to program the extra buttons (I assume that the method would also work with the Gravis Phoenix?)

My keyboard is a newer Asus mechanical keyboard that has two usb plugs.

I have various adapters and cables. I suppose I could connect a usb-ps/2 adapter to the keyboard, connect the throttle, and then connect the other end to a ps/2-usb cable. Or, would I be able to just use the ps/2-usb adapter by itself and still program the buttons?

Is there anything I need to know about using these products? I want to use them to play Wing Commander/ Privateer/ Strike Commander, and X-Wing/ Tie Fighter games.

Scythifuge

Reply 1 of 1, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I also purchased a Gravis Phoenix from Ebay. I haven't tried the adapter or these joysticks in DOSBox, but I could not get the Gravis Phoenix to work in 86box. My recent and modern keyboard surprisingly has a PS/2 port, so I was able to connect a PS/2 keyboard and Gravis Phoenix to my Windows 10 Ryzen system, and with the Rockfire, Windows 10 detected it. However, 86box did not. I'll let the devs know...