Reply 20 of 31, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Deksor wrote on 2020-04-02, 23:47:

@Cyclone3D 120GB ?
Huh, when I archive Aopen.nl I got only 96GB

How do you upload things to archive.org ? I keep having somthing that breaks after sending a couple of GB of data ...

I use 7-Zip and set the volume size per file and it creates a multi-part zip.

Pretty sure I did 4.5GB parts when I uploaded the sony vaio ftp archive.

Yamaha YMF modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG resource repository - updated November 27, 2018
Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide
AW744L II - YMF744 - AOpen Cobra Sound Card - Install SB-Link Header
Epstein didn't kill himself

Reply 21 of 31, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
LewisRaz wrote on 2020-04-03, 00:03:

I got 142gb from the .ru

What OS and file system?

I'm on Windows 10. Drive was formatted with exFAT.
I used Filezilla to download the whole FTP in one go and it said that it downloaded everything.

I'm also going by total size of files, not space taken up on the drive... which can very quite a lot depending on file system and how large the cluster size is which would be chosen when you format the drive.

I'm showing 12,901 files in 3,876 folders

Last edited by cyclone3d on 2020-04-03, 00:17. Edited 1 time in total.

Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide

Reply 22 of 31, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
cyclone3d wrote on 2020-04-03, 00:08:
Deksor wrote on 2020-04-02, 23:47:

@Cyclone3D 120GB ?
Huh, when I archive Aopen.nl I got only 96GB

How do you upload things to archive.org ? I keep having somthing that breaks after sending a couple of GB of data ...

I use 7-Zip and set the volume size per file and it creates a multi-part zip.

Pretty sure I did 4.5GB parts when I uploaded the sony vaio ftp archive.

I had issues with that as well, though I could go forward with the uploading at least (until the entire browser crashed which made me give up)

Reply 23 of 31, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Pretty sure when uploading a lot I have to only upload a few files at a time and then add some more and so on and so forth until it is finished.

Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide

Reply 24 of 31, by SETBLASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

oh damn. im so sad. i got a buch of aopen stuff, even avsoundcard.

i hope you guys were able to make a full backup. its just horrible to have retro hardware and in the future not being able to download drivers and patches.

Reply 25 of 31, by AmiSapphire

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SETBLASTER wrote on 2020-04-04, 11:46:

i hope you guys were able to make a full backup. its just horrible to have retro hardware and in the future not being able to download drivers and patches.

A few people have mirrored the server (at least the server mirrors that had the older pub directories present) already, including me, so that's pretty much it for now. Since they still update their server in general, I'm not uploading it myself right now, however. (My original unfinished copy starts from October 2015, so the /pub/enduser/company/ directory path on mine has their old public company data present on there before its removal in 2018...)

Total size notes:
20200318 complete mirror update: 97.5GB / 90.8GiB
20200402 complete mirror update: 153.23GB / 142.98GiB

Computer in my collection that had too much work done is... Compaq Armada 1573DM!

- Original DSTN panel replaced with an HPA panel
- Left hinge repaired twice
- Front panel replaced twice
- Replaced busted inverter
- Chassis replacement

Reply 26 of 31, by LewisRaz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I aswell as others have saved it. Hopefully anyone searching in future will find this thread and I will be happy to share the files.

Reply 27 of 31, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
AmiSapphire wrote on 2020-04-04, 13:19:
A few people have mirrored the server (at least the server mirrors that had the older pub directories present) already, includin […]
Show full quote

A few people have mirrored the server (at least the server mirrors that had the older pub directories present) already, including me, so that's pretty much it for now. Since they still update their server in general, I'm not uploading it myself right now, however. (My original unfinished copy starts from October 2015, so the /pub/enduser/company/ directory path on mine has their old public company data present on there before its removal in 2018...)

Total size notes:

Was there anything else removed in 2018 in regards to drivers, firmware, etc?

Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide

Reply 28 of 31, by Cga.8086

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hey guys im jumping also to make a full backup of the russian ftp just in case.

so im downloading the full /pub/ folder

what is the difference between pub01 , pub02 and pub03 ?? do those also contain retro hardware drivers?

Reply 29 of 31, by SETBLASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i will download it from archive.org if someone shares it.

it kind of sucks, because if you go over to http://asia.aopen.com/products_download.aspx?auno=294
last year it listed all the drivers (and sometimes had usefull information too for example a description, important data, to what OS it was ment for,etc )

now the page is just blank and not even on wayback machine you can see the original content of the site.

🙁

Reply 30 of 31, by AmiSapphire

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
cyclone3d wrote on 2020-04-04, 16:37:
AmiSapphire wrote on 2020-04-04, 13:19:
A few people have mirrored the server (at least the server mirrors that had the older pub directories present) already, includin […]
Show full quote

Total size notes:

Was there anything else removed in 2018 in regards to drivers, firmware, etc?

Nope, just the company stuff that I noticed.

Cga.8086 wrote on 2020-04-04, 20:14:

hey guys im jumping also to make a full backup of the russian ftp just in case.

so im downloading the full /pub/ folder

what is the difference between pub01 , pub02 and pub03 ?? do those also contain retro hardware drivers?

/pub/ has most of the 1990s and early 2000s files.
/pub01/ has a lot of the 2000s files.
/pub02/ has a few of the late 2000s and most of the 2010s files.
/pub03/ is the newer iteration of their section; lot of later 2010s to current files.

Computer in my collection that had too much work done is... Compaq Armada 1573DM!

- Original DSTN panel replaced with an HPA panel
- Left hinge repaired twice
- Front panel replaced twice
- Replaced busted inverter
- Chassis replacement

Reply 31 of 31, by Horun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I am going to try and grab all the motherboard BIOS and Manuals off .ru in pub, pub01, pub02 and pub03. I notice Archive.org does not much Aopen stuff at all.

Edit: wsftp is throwing fits downloading from .ru so switched to filezilla but forgot to save original time stamps... oh well...

Hate posting a reply and have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. 🤣