SB16 problems

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 21, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
aha2940 wrote on 2020-05-09, 15:37:

So, after seeing this thread: SB16 CT2230 Issue and checking some of the links OP there posted, I put jumpers on the IFSD and APSD pins and now digital audio on my SB16 works fine. Yay! That does not eliminate the fact that it is kind of a PoS, but it works and it can be used if I want/need to.

This I wouldn't expect, as CT2950 lacks even the CSP socket, so I would expect the IFSD and APSD jumpers to be hardwired in the "disable" position...
but no, the jumpers obviously are there, so it's possible to enable the CSP that can't exist 😁

Nie tylko, jak widzicie, w tym trudność, że nie zdołacie wejść na moją górę, lecz i w tym, że ja do was cały zejść nie mogę, gdyż schodząc, gubię po drodze to, co miałem donieść.

Reply 21 of 21, by aha2940

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Grzyb wrote on 2020-05-09, 16:10:
aha2940 wrote on 2020-05-09, 15:37:

So, after seeing this thread: SB16 CT2230 Issue and checking some of the links OP there posted, I put jumpers on the IFSD and APSD pins and now digital audio on my SB16 works fine. Yay! That does not eliminate the fact that it is kind of a PoS, but it works and it can be used if I want/need to.

This I wouldn't expect, as CT2950 lacks even the CSP socket, so I would expect the IFSD and APSD jumpers to be hardwired in the "disable" position...
but no, the jumpers obviously are there, so it's possible to enable the CSP that can't exist 😁

That's correct, no unpopulated sockets on the CT2950, so nothing that can be added to it easily (there is a space to solder a chip/socket, but it has lots of legs), however the jumpers are there. I think I'll remove them and solder jumper wires in place, that will free 2 jumper caps for future use, 🤣.