VOGONS

First post, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello,
i never was keyboard obsession like lots of other people.. but i like darkness and it means need for back-light on keyboard and with retro is a bit problem.

Is there some PS/2 compatible back lit keyboard, is PS/2 power enough for that, or i need so external power? I dont mind to use USB to PS/2 convertor, if it would work with keyboard.

I can choose:
- i prefer clean black keyboard
- full size - Numeric block is must have
- small height of keys
- big enter, backspace and right shift
- and it has to be silent - to not broken my gaming world immersivity for some deeper games, which arent about button smashing..
- i dont need any extra multimedia buttons and macro and other things..

For USB i like this one, it was cheap and has everything which i need from visual and typing point of view..
https://www.gigabyte.com/Keyboard/FORCE-K7#ov

11005_big.jpg

Days when i could just smash keyboards because there were all just same cheap junk and probably gone anyway. I dont want to anything too expentise, it would have to be really solid, because i want to play old games, which were often about button smashing..

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 2 of 3, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks, nice to know that it exist, but its luxury thing.. you can get decent monitor for such price.

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 3 of 3, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hmm, other option would be some USB keyboard which is proven to work with USB to PS/2 convertor.. but im not really sure about backlight if PS/2 has enough power (current, voltage) for it through USB.