VOGONS

First post, by jasa1063

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have been trying to get my Geforce 2 MX400 working on this motherboard running Windows 98 SE for the past week. All I had gotten was screen corruption and crashing of apps and games. I finally got it working with the following setup. I turned off AGP Turbo and set the AGP Aperture to 4MB in the BIOS setup. I used the v1.72 Ali AGP driver, v21.83 NVidia drivers and set the Super7Compat value to 1 in the registry. Since doing that things have been stable. The board is running with 512MB of PC133 SDRAM and a K6-III+ clocked at 550Mnz. I tried using this card in my HOT-597 board with the almost same setup. It ran Ok for a bit, but soon I had continual issues. I finally gave up and put in a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI card. The funny thing is I can run a Matrox Millennium G400 AGP card with no issues. It's too bad NVidia boards are so tricky on Socket 7 AGP boards, but the GeForce 2 MX400 smokes the Matrox Millennium G400 board. I am just relieved to finally get it working. I just wanted to relay this info in case someone else may find it useful.