VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
candle_86 wrote on 2020-06-01, 19:05:

http://web.inter.nl.net/hcc/J.Steunebrink/k6plus.htm

I use the bios from this page, it adds k6+ support and it works, make sure your getting the mvp3c-m

Dude, CHILL72 explicitly mentions he's been using this BIOS in the initial post. All BIOS suggested so far have K6-2 support. We're past BIOS. 😉

CHiLL72 wrote on 2020-05-31, 19:53:

Finally I got round to taking some pictures of the area around the CPU socket.
One capacitor is clearly different from the others and it has been soldered in later.

Have you tried measuring vcore + vcore ripple at the socket? Maybe the voltages arent stable enough with the old capacitors or the replacement has wrong values.
You could also try 2.4V and lower multipliers and see if that gets it to POST.🤞

Reply 21 of 23, by CHiLL72

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Doornkaat wrote on 2020-06-02, 05:48:

Have you tried measuring vcore + vcore ripple at the socket? Maybe the voltages arent stable enough with the old capacitors or the replacement has wrong values.

As I don't have a an oscilloscope, measuring ripple is not feasible. I could try your other suggestions and try 2.4V Vcore.

Waveblaster MIDI boards: https://waveblaster.nl - online now!

Reply 22 of 23, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
CHiLL72 wrote on 2020-06-02, 12:28:
Doornkaat wrote on 2020-06-02, 05:48:

As I don't have a an oscilloscope, measuring ripple is not feasible. I could try your other suggestions and try 2.4V Vcore.

Use your multimeter to measure AC current. That way you don't get frequency but at least a ripple voltage measurement that's probably close enough. 😀

Reply 23 of 23, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some boards have difficulty with async operation with a k6-2 cpu

Make sure all your pci /bus clock stuff is set right

And if it were me I would try 50mhz x 2.5x multiplier you see if there is any life.